Low Carb and Cheating!

I like this too...

what a great read.. has made me think twice about 'sure its only a wee bit it wont hurt' syndrome

I love this post! If anythings going to keep me on the straight and narrow its this!!! xxx

Really helpful thanks x

Ahh it all makes sense now!

Thanks for the post Jim.

I should have read this before :sign0007:

It all makes sense. Even though I've been losing weight (perhaps not as much as I like) I too have had the mentality, especially when I do the food shopping at the weekend "Oh just 2 bourbon creams".
I'm gonna stop this now cos I think I'm going in and out of Ketosis like a rabbit out of a hat and perhaps not getting off first base properly.

Many thanks again XxX :D

It can be difficult when you first start, I remember thinking how complex Atkins seemed, but actually it's probably one of the simplest diets out there.

I keep trying to read this sticky, but the big clutter of words makes my eyes go all funny! lol!

Paragraphs, Jim!!! :p

ClaireCat said:
I keep trying to read this sticky, but the big clutter of words makes my eyes go all funny! lol!

Paragraphs, Jim!!! :p

Lol

It's how it came to me :D

You could always cut and paste it into word and edit it :D

If you can read it ;)

Hi,
firstly I am glad i am not the only one who didn't know what m&e was, and secondly, the 'cheat' and stall is something that we have all done, or are going to do at some point, because this is real life and it just can't be helped sometimes.

The first time i ever tried Atkins, I lost a lot of weight, I was about two stone into my loss and a good friend of mine invited me to her hen night. It was at a really nice club, consisted of a meal and a party with cabaret. so, i decided to have a night off. I then discovered carb blockers (phase 8, as some call them) i think holland and barrett still sell them as carb minders. I didn't know if they would work, but i figured i would try them.

I took them, had a very good time (there are pictures i cringe at to prove it) and got straight back on the induction the next morning. I didn't notice the stalling i didn't even seem to have a blip in my weight loss or ketosis. This could be just my inexperience on the diet though, i was relatively new to it.

Have any of you ever tried such carb blockers. they are often advertised as the Atkins cheat... enabling the body to block a certain percentage of carbs ingested, i forget the percentage now, rather like xenical does with fat i guess. I would have never used them as a weight loss aid on a daily basis, i used them for my party and subsequently if i had a night out or day where i would be off plan.

I have not really heard much about them or even know if they really work or are just hype?? do u guys have any experience of them?

Tracy

According to research by the mayo clinic and the US food and drug administration they don't work at all, no. It's one of those claims you often find in beauty products - they do contain an active ingredient that might block carb absorption, but you'd need to take several hundred times the standard dosage to get any real benefit - and that would probably make you ill in other ways.

You'd know if carb blockers worked because many successful dieters would be taking them.

This is so true, ive been going through this cycle for the past 2 and a half years. Each time coming off track for longer periods, now ive been off track for 5 weeks and reached my heaviest weight!!! Day 3 today, ended up having some carbs yesterdays, not bad ones but still, not going to get into ketosis even eating healthy carbs. Today ive not eaten as of yet, been out on a 5 mile walk and am going to make a prawn omelette for my lunch now. Going to have chicken and bacon for dinner, hopefully be in ketosis by Monday, its been a while! Cant wait to start shifting this weight, just hate the constant battle!

Back