Working Solutions Low carb before exante :)

GlenC

Hi

So I have had a lot of failed attempts at exante so far . Longest time being 7 days :( . Normally after every failure I say to myself one last blow out then no turning back . The carb withdrawal seems to get worse and I struggle to stick to the diet . The two times I made it till day seven I decided to test myself by eating carbs lol ... How stupid am I lol .

Anyway , I decided to try something different . I did a three day low carb /high fat induction to cut out the carb cravings .

I won't lie it was still not easy as the carb cravings was still present during that time but being able to indulge in high fat during that time helped me through . I did not include any exante during the three days so that I could keep carbs as low as possible and took a multi vitamin .

By day four the carb cravings were gone and I changed over to exante total solution now done 5 days of total solution with no problems

I think if I need a cheat day in the future or the break week in the future I will not have exante those days and do low carb /high fat + take a multi victim . That may help and make it feel like a break . I now realise its the carbs I need to avoid at all cost or I just spiral again .

I hope this helps others :)

I've been having 2 exante shakes one bar and a zero carb meal for 9 days now and I've lost 6.5 pounds which is perfect.
I ate some bread on Saturday and I was nearly sick after.
Although I crave carbs occasionally I'm not hungry and my body seems to reject them when I'm on the diet.
I like Exante because it gives you the freedom to develop a diet that works for you.

That's most interesting Glen. I take so long to get into ketosis (usually 5 days) - it would be much easier if I could induce ketosis through low carbing first, because when I was hungry I could eat! I've thought of that previously, but never had the guts to try it! What I do is make things even worse with a 'last supper' carbfest! :D

Ha ha I kept doing the same , and wondered why the headaches got worse with each restart after :)

In the first 5 days I lost 7 pound by doing the 3 low carb then the two TS so I think it may help some people :)

First day of just the packs and no meal. Not felt too bad at all.
Would have been a lot harder to do that right from the start.
I also think it's a good way to keep the weight loss continuous into week 2.
I'd recommend it to anyone just wanting to lose up to 3 stone.

Duly noted. Of course I'm doing it the other way round - going to lose another stone on exante this month hopefully, then straight back to Atkins for me! :deadhorse:

Back