Low Carb Bread - any ideas?

Diadeb

Banned
Hi, has anyone any idear fro low carb bread?. I have diabetes type 2 and need to lose some weight to get my blood glucose levels down. The problem I have is that I love bread and don't feel full without, I have tried Burgen low GI soy and linseed bread but it sends my B/G up, so any ideas?, thanks, Debra :cry:

hello :) have you tried flaxseed or oatmeal bread?

low carb bread

Thanks Vicky, can you buy theses braeds in shops or do you have to make them yourself?, Debra

you can get low carb bread mixes form this link
Bread | Low Carb Megastore

Buy yourself a bread maker and it will be easy to make it.

I love that Burgens low GI bread, cant really say if ive noticed that it pushes my BG up tho, but i was never very good at getting my diabetes under control until recently. I now eat 1 slice of wholemeal from a small hovis loaf a day, only 57 cals a slice.

What meds are you on and how are you getting on with them, whats your fasting BG? mine was 5.6 when i was on gliclazide but ive gone back to glucophage for its appetite suppresing qualities (was also getting hypos with the gliclazide) and now im getting a fasting of around 6.8 to 7.2

Thanks very much Lynn, I think I will have to give up the bread altogether, although I might have a go at making it myself. I am type 2 controlled with D/E only, my recent HbA1c was 5-9

Back