Low Carb Breakfast

Poobe

Does anyone have any ideas for breakfast? My biggest problem is bread. If I were to cut out bread from my diet the weight would fall off me because I don't eat any pasta or potatoes - bread is my only source of carbs and I eat far too much of it.

But I battle to get going without my usual sandwich in the morning. I also find that if I don't have a protein sandwich I just starve the whole day which leads to me going off the rails because I'm so hungry.

Any ideas or advice? Breakfast is my problem :(

Maybe have a wrap or pitta instead of bread? I wish I didn't eat as much carbs I can't keep away from them. What about porridge I'm trying to think of no or low carbs it's very difficult lol

Maybe you can try low-carb bread?
It's a bit more expensive than normal bread but it may be worth it.

Maybe try ww bread ? I think the Danish one is 2pp for 2 slices ?

Could you have a protein salad and 1 slice of bread with it ?

I never eat bread tbh so don't know what else to suggest,

I find porridge really filling, I tend to have oats so simple original, bulked out with bananas to give me some energy to get going.
How about swapping bread for ryvita with ham on? You can have 2 ryvita for 1pp! So would save you a lot of points

Get a couple of Giant mushrooms and fill them with a mix of tinned toms, onions, peppers and an oxo ( all zero points so far), top with a poached egg on each ( 2 pp each) and if you want add 2 slices of mattesons turkey bacn - total 5 PP no carbs and the thick mushrooms are just like toast! xx

Maybe you could have scrambled or poached eggs with one slice of toast for a couple of days then replace the bread with lean bacon? Phasing the bread out may be easier than going cold turkey. Otherwise I'd recommend porridge with fruit, it fills me up much more than I would expect.

Just read my post, why would you want a salad got breakfast ?! Ha!

Thank you for all the great suggestions! The problem with fruit, is I get soooo hungry if i eat it for breakfast. This results in me going off the rails later in the day. The only way to keep me full enough all day is to eat protein for breakfast, usually in the form of chicken. Eggs dont do much either :( I find a big huge chicken sandwich for breakfast keeps me going for ages and when I do get hungry again, I am not starving. But that doesnt help with the carb thing. Also I make my own bread, I dont buy it as I dont like all the preservatives and what nots. So I buy wholemeal flower and make my own. Perhaps I should be looking at good wholesome bread recipes instead of cutting out the bread?

Back