Low carb, carb binge, low carb, carb binge, bad cycle:(

Debradee89

Hello everyone, just signed up to this site as im in desperate need of some support and to feel as though im not alone! First started low carbing feb 2011, lost a stone in 4 weeks and felt fab! went from 11st to 10st. 9st is my ultimate goal (pre pregnancy weight) but I feel comfortable at 10st. Since then ive yoyo'd, eating carbs and gaining weight, low carbing again and loosing it again, at first I would go back upto 10.5 then down again, then it was upto 10.7 and I wouldn't make it all the way back to 10 before I would binge again eventually I was going all the way upto 11st again and my lowest I could ever get back to was 10.7. Its a constant battle, drives me insane. This time 5 weeks ago I was 10stone6. Ive been feeling really low lately and have spiralled out of control comfort eating, gone all the way upto 11st8!!! Cut myself off from everybody and avoiding going out as much as I can, im usually out most weekends having fun with my friends. Feel so down about it and im really struggling to get back on track. I had abit of a better day yesterday, had some carbs but no where near as much as I have been having. Was 11.5 today so felt a little better that my sort of good day had obviously worked. Doing better today but still struggling, I know the cravings die down after a week or so but I just need to get through the rest of the week to get back to that point. Need to get myself back to 10st! Well that's my story, just looking for some support and to talk to people who can relate and help each other get through the tough points. I know I can do it, just have to stay focused!!

Hi the carb cravings are horrid !

I also think that as I women we need carbs in different ways to men ;). I find that 10 days to 1 week before that time of the month - I need more carbs or I end up binge eating - but I'm only eating potatoes, gluten free things and dark chocolate - still avoiding Rice, wheat, pasta, bread, legumes etc

I'm following the primal eating plan - google marks daily apple for more info :)

Idea weight loss area is 50-100 g carb daily lower days can be done by intermittent fasting - like the 5:2 fasting plan

I found that keeping my carbs under 50g was difficult and I would end up binge eating .. So eating primal/ paleo is slowly working for me :)

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

I did the 5:2 for a few weeks in jan-feb, found it quite good, average loss was 1lb pw, I think it's good for long term, I'm going to try and maintain my weight by using the 5:2 once I get closed to my goal. Will google that primal blue print now and have a read :) thankyouu x

Hey there, I read your post, and really identified with it! That's cycle ive been trapped in before. Now if I can feel the urge to have a carb blow out, I mix and drink a SCI-MAX diet shake (strawberry or chocolate), usually that does the trick, but if not, have a small portion of complex carbs- maybe one slice of seeded bread etc? The other thing I've found really helps whilst trying to cut down on carbs, are the zero noodles (they only have 1.5g of carbs in 100g serving). They are quite pricey £1.99 from Holland and Barrett, but they really are my lifesaver- as I feel im having something sinful, when they're not :) Try not to beat yourself up, we all have slip ups, I think the thing that counts is dusting yourself off and getting straight back on the wagon, All the best of luck xxxx

If I eat one slice of bread I end up wanting to whole loaf :( love the wholemeal seeded one too! I have to just try and completely avoid carbs, getting on track with no carbing is the only way I manage to suppress the carb cravings. It's just so hard! Do so well for a while then it just takes that 1 little craving one day that you end up giving into and then it's all out the window! Ooh yes I had them noodles last week, put then in a stir fry n stuff n felt like I was having a fuller proper dinner enjoyed them! But because I felt like I was eating carbs, I did get more cravings to eat more carbs. Arrrgh need to live on an island where carbs are something of a far away other world thing haha!

An island without carbs..... if you find it take me with you (until I hit goal weight)!!

Hiya debradee. How are you getting on? Have you managed to get on track or do you need a bit more support with some hints on tips on how to cope with cravings? x

My cravings have dropped, no longer gasping for just oneeee piece of that chocolate bar or just one biscuit! Not phased, enjoying eating just meat! I did have a little blip over the weekend though, stayed at my mums on Friday night, ended up eating a big bag of sensations crisps, I was fine the next day though it didn't set my binge cycle off thank god, got back on track, but it has had an effect.. I was 11st.2 on the Friday, Monday I was back to 11st4 :( tried to not let it get to me, just carried on, decided to stay on attack for another week pretend im kind of starting again, was back to 11st.2 yesterday, for some reason I was 11st.3 this morning, don't know why as ive been good. So basically ive lost 5lb in a week and a half.. not what I expected, expected to be about 10st10lb now.. but not giving up going to keep going and hopefully see that 10 soon, by the end of the week I hope! How are you getting on? How long have you been doing this diet?

Hii I've been doing Rose Elliot's Vegetarian version of Atkins for 9 days... but I'm a carb addict so it hurts! I completely know what you're on about, you sound just like me. My boyfriend says "why don't you just not eat it?" as if it's that simple! Haa.
I'm 5ft 5 and currently 11st 6 by the way... not too different to you just a bit shorter and fatter haha.
How are your diet and cravings going now?
I haven't cheated yet. Well, I went to the pub and drank lager thinking all alcohol was terrible, not realising vodka has no carbs and there are 17g per pint! Stupid :( Also I'm supposed to eat <20g of carbs per day, but I've definitely been going over. I'm not that bothered.
I've lost 8lb in 9 days. At 6 days I had lost 9lb, but the alcohol made me gain :(
Obviously I'm new to low carb but so far I've had an Atkins/diabetic chocolate bar to replace normal ones, and salted peanuts to replace crisps. You tried that? There are still loads of calories but at least you won't get out of ketosis. Actually, have you used ketostix? They're really good at motivating me. So far. It's only day 9 hahaha.
xxx

Back