Low Carb Megastore Boiled Sweets, Lollipops and Ketosis

That's_So_Fetch

Gold Member
Does anyone know if these take you out of ketosis?

I suffer from a really bad dry mouth when on low carb (in ketosis) and i've been told that i should suck on boiled sweets or lollipops to help with saliva production. So i'm thinking of ordering some off the website but i'm sure i read somewhere that they could contain citric acid which takes you out of ketosis.

They have 0g carbs so i'm thinking they should be ok.

Also, am i right in thinking that the prices on the website are for 1 individual sweet? I'm abit confused so i'll post the link here: https://www.lowcarbmegastore.com/sweets/boiled-sweets. If it is then that is mega :eek:.

Thanks

xx

Golly, LCM can be pricy but a pound per sweet would be a bit much. It says the quantity next to it - in most cases 85g of sweets.

They shouldn't take you out of ketosis unless you're very sensitive to citric acid. They do stall some people though, and having too many may cause laxative effect because of the sweeteners they use. One or two a day maximum, I'd say.

Dry mouth is quite a common issue, it does get less after a while.

Golly, LCM can be pricy but a pound per sweet would be a bit much. It says the quantity next to it - in most cases 85g of sweets.

They shouldn't take you out of ketosis unless you're very sensitive to citric acid. They do stall some people though, and having too many may cause laxative effect because of the sweeteners they use. One or two a day maximum, I'd say.

Dry mouth is quite a common issue, it does get less after a while.

Hi, thanks for your reply :). I was abit worried about the citric acid but i guess your right by saying 1 or 2 a day would be best.

I don't know why i thought it was like £1 a sweet, lol, i dont think 2am is a good time to shop online, lol.

I'm definatley going to order the sweets tho, my mouth gets incredibly sore and sometimes make me cry :(.

Thanks again for your reply xx

Agree - depending on the sweetener can get laxative effect or very painful wind (sorbitol is my bugbear). So two max:eek:

Lol, i'l try to stick to 1 or 2 a day then. I'm going to order them tmrw, haven't decided which ones i want tho xx

Also - if your mouth is so dry and sore it's making you cry, that's not normal and could be a symptom of something else. I'd drop by your doctor to ask about it.

Back