low carbing but not atkins

raverminx

Ive decided that i like the atkins diet and love being in ketosis. However i like to add a bit more of variety in my diet so have been keeping the carbs to around 15g sometimes lower, trying to keep it low in sugar and high protein. But i like almond milk, hazelnut milk, sugar free drinks, strawberries, greek yogurt and flax cereals. All of which are low in carbs, but probably not allowed in the atkins plan.

My question is, if i still keep my carbs below 20g and the sugar as low as i can and still in ketosis am i going to lose weight still? i dont have that much more to lose.

typical day for me is
B- 2 egg omlette made with cream and cheese/bacon OR flax z cereal
L- tuna mayo and cucumber
D- meat and broccoli and cauliflower
S- 4 strwberries with cream or greek yogurt, babybell, mini peperami

Drinks 2lt of water mainly sparkling, and a glass of sugar free pop

Am i right in thinking that as long as im in ketosis then i will lose weight or at least maintain current weight?

thanks

I'm no expert bit to me is say yes, its still low carb but I'm not sure

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins

This sounds just like atkins owl to me - you choose the carb level and mix up the various foods you can include. Some people find they lose MORE on more carbs! Suggest you read up on owl as very useful for:
Finding your critical carb level to lose or mantain
Identifying any stall or trigger foods
Start building YOUR lo carb way of eating for life
;)

Thanks for the replies, im still a bit confused about the sugar from carbs but i think im getting there! Alpro hazelnut milk is lovely warmed up, 3g carbs, 3g of sugars from carbs.....

if i need a quick fix to lose a few more pounds at a faster rate i think i would go back to induction and just have 'clean' carbs

Back