low carbs wedding countdown

oops havnt posted for a day or so - hectic day yesterday! Wasnt the best eating day - fairly sensible during the day(too busy to eat) but ended up grabbing a chinese last night. Had special in black bean sauce (not too bad) but then did nick a couple of OH's butterfly king prawns. Breadcrumbs?? Deep fried?? Hello?????

Going to be much better today.

Breaky - 2 boiled eggs

Lunch - grilled chicken greek salad

Tea - going to make a bolognaise which the OH can have with spaghetti and I'll have solo!

Out for drinks with friends tonight but Ive volunteered to drive. OH's birthday tomorrow and we are going out for dinner ... Have got quite good at making low carb/ sensible choices now so not too worried!

Recommend cab bol next time - cut cabbage into long strips and cook til al dente then smother with lovely sauce. Actually prefer it to pasta:)

Just thought i would come on here and update ...
I started a pre wedding long weight loss journey in December; beginning with ww then getting bored with it, flicking to SW and found i liked red days which led to low carb! I gave up looking at the scales in about may and focussed more on exercise.

Anyway, i am just back from our fabulous honeymoon in santorini following a wedding day where i felt amazing. My dress, originally ordered in a 18 (was horrified by that - i know they are always a size bigger but did nothing for my confidence) was trimmed right down, with inches to spare - id worked hard on the upper body and thanks to reducing carbs in the wks before the big day felt trim!

Attachments

• minimins avatar.jpg
    minimins avatar.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Right - time to get back to it. The wedding was 6 wks ago today and i no longer feel the trim confident girl in the photo. Have pigged out big time for wks and feel a bit wobbly. Line dawn under it all and back to low carb!!

15th Sept

Brunch - melon, ham and some prawns (what was left in the fridge)

snack - chicken satay (prepared - carb count was quite low)

tea - gammon with salad dressed in olive oil and herbs, poached egg.

Only had 1 coffee with milk ... going to be hard cutting this back down!

Feels good to be back having a good day.

New Mrs F!

diembroadhurst said:
You look stunning in your dress - congratulations and welcome home :)

Aw Thank you - feeling great after a low carb day

Morning all - its day 2 back in the saddle for me!

Me and Mr F are meeting friends for lunch today so ive checked the menu in advance and it should be ok!

Bk - raspberries with Greek yogurt

lunch - proscutto and sun dried tomato starter
Chicken, walnut and mozzarella salad (will ask for just olive oil + vinegar dressing, no sugar. No dessert!!!)

Just had the salad main at our meal our. it was lovely but i was starving later in the day so for tea we did a quick rustled up roast of sorts - sliced beef with leeks, broccoli and coulli. Gorgeous but stuffed after it!!

Mon 17th Sept

scrambled egg, some raspberries

lunch - salad with tuna & feta

tea - mousaka of sorts (mince & sliced aubergine with grated parmesan) cant wait

Sounds like lot of cheese today but they are very small amounts.

ok so yesterday didnt go wholly to plan but today is a brand new shiny day!!!

Have a busy rush around day today - am going to make a frittata and have a slice for breakfast and the rest for lunch later.

eggs, sliced rusk free sausage, tomato.

tea is going to be duck mini fillets (got them reduced and really looking forward to them!) with stir fried veggies

snack - mixed nuts

Your food choices sound great RJ - it's hard to believe you need to diet looking at that stunning pic! You haven't checked in for a few days girl, how's it been going? B x

Hi, just been reading your diary, congrats on weight loss and your wedding. I am currently trying to loose some on SW (did it years ago) but this time not working. I'm on phone so can't see stats...how much did you loose low carbing? Would you say it's more short term than long? I don't get married till next may :)

Ok - back AGAIN!!!!
Right, @rse kicked - i need to grt back to it. Tried ww again for z few wks and lost well but found i was using points on rubbish just because i had them.
Im coming back to low carb ; not weighing myself but usingy skinnyjeans as a guide!!

Day 1

2 egg omlette with mushroom and cheese. Gorgeous!!

Just had loads of roast chicken with just a few carrots and lots of cabbage. Resisted apple pie and custard!

Finished the day off with a bit of an odd low carb buffet plate. Cheese cubes, grilled bacon pieces and 4 fat green olives! Lovely.

Monday food plan

Bk - scrambled eggs
Snack - 2 Babybells
Lunch - Grilled Chicken with mixed leaves and a tsp of Mayo
Tea - chicken & chorizo stew

Im conscious that Ive had a lot of chicken in the last few days..... We had a big chicken that needed using! Waste not, want not and all that!

Last edited:
Busy, busy day yesterday when i didnt post - generally an ok day. More eggs, chicken salad but at tea i did succumb to a couple of fish fingers at my sister in laws that strictly speaking werent part of the plan!!!

Today is a new day ...

Bk - ff greek yogurt (carbs counted)
Lunch - ham and leaves!!
Tea - salmon fillet and curried spinach

And lots and lots of coffee!!!!!

Back