low fat recipies that xenical users will love!

iamme

HI everyone, i thought it would be great if we had a recipe page to post any nice recipies on we come across! if we left them on here we could keep checking on whats tasty (and low fat of course)

I have found a lovely recipe...thought i might share it with u all!:p

i actually used left over chicken and cooked the noodles in the stock, couple of sliced mushrooms and a dash of soy sauce.......lovely!

Nutrition Information Per Serving serves 4

| 130 calories
| 1.7g fat

| 16.2g protein
| 11.6g carb

| 1.2g fibre

Ingredients

• 2 Chicken Stock Cubes
  • 2 Pints Boiling Water
  • 4 Small Skinless Chicken Breasts, Diced
  • 1 Medium Onion, Sliced
  • 10g Parsley
  • 1 tsp Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 85g Frozen Peas
  • 150g Noodles, Egg, Thread
Method

1. Make up the stock by crumbling the stock cubes into the boiling water and stirring well. Put into a large pan and add the chicken, onion and seasonings. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30-35 minutes (or until chicken pieces are tender).
  2. Add the peas to the pan and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
  3. At the same time, cook the noodles as per the instructions on the packet.
  4. Stir the noodles into the soup and serve.
if you use left over cooked chicken and cook noodles in stock it only takes minutes!
if anyone else finds this as yummy as i did let me know!
good luck all x:D

Last edited:
sorry...only got the serving! will see if i can find out...i found this though! its great!
19731.jpg
Doing the Fat Math

By: Reader's Digest
Nutrition labels list total fat content, but that number may not tell you everything

For instance, you should take into account:
Percentage of calories from fat. Most labels don’t tell you this number. To figure it out, divide the fat calories per serving by the total calories per serving and multiply by 100. So a food that contains 90 calories per serving and has 30 calories from fat would get 33 percent of its alories from fat. A food that gets less than 30 percent of calories from fat is considered a relatively low-fat food; food that gets less than 20 percent of its calories from fat is considered a low-fat food.
Fat you add. Combination foods and mixes, like Hamburger Helper, often have two sets of numbers on the label--one “as packaged” and one “as prepared.” If the “as packaged” numbers are good and you can prepare it with low-fat or nonfat ingredients, the product is a good choice.
Servings per container. Read these carefully; often you may assume a package contains only one serving, when in fact it contains two--and therefore double the fat on the label.

Last edited:
here is one of my favourites, it freezes well too.

1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 box or jar of passata sauce
1 can of sweetcorn
1 can of mixed beans
mushrooms
courgettes
onion
leeks
carrots
peppers
salt and pepper
garlic powder (to taste)
chilli powder(to taste)

add all tins to a large pan, chop the fresh vegetables and add to the pan.
season with salt,pepper,garlic powder and chilli powder
bring to the boil and then simmer until all ingredients are cooked through.

i usually use any veg that needs using up and the amounts i use varys,depending on what veg you like and how much. sometimes I add a tin of baked beans.

i make one of these every few weeks and freeze portions so that i always have a meal ready for the microwave.
its also vegetarian

hope iv not forgotton anything!

sharon x

ps. values for food are per 100g

passata... 0.1g fat, 4.5 carb, 24kcal
baked beans... 0.4g fat, 13.2 carb, 75kcal
tomatoes... 0.5g fat, 3.6 carb, 24kcal
sweetcorn... 1.2g fat, 12.9 carbs, 74kcals

this recipe makes about 8-10 portions depending on size

Last edited:
i found this too......i am gonna make a dish for the fridge so if i get peckish its there! might add some pineapple too!
Nutrition Information Per Serving serves 4

| 77 calories
| 0.1g fat

| 1.1g protein
| 17.8g carb

| 1.7g fibre
| 2.6 fruit & veg

Ingredients

• 2tbsp Lemon Juice
  • 1 Small Apple, cored and cubed
  • 1 Medium Pear, cored and cubed
  • 1 Can/220g Grapefruit Segments, in Grapefruit Juice
  • 1 Can/298g Mandarin Orange Segments, in Natural Juice
Method

1. Pour the lemon juice into a bowl, add the apple and pear and swirl to coat.
  2. Add grapefruit and mandarin segments (including all juice), gently stir to mix.
  3. Pop in the fridge until ready to serve.
could be served with low fat yoghurt..but sounds sweet on its own!

Back