low fat/very low fat

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Nash, 23 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Nash

Nash Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.8%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi
    Can anyone tells me what qualifies for low fat or very low fat, in the likes of yoghurt, fromage frais and cottage cheese please.

The plain yoghurt i buy says fat free, so i'm assuming syn free. Also bought a flavoured yoghurt that says no fat, will that be free also.

Flavoured Fromage frais says 99% fat free, so will that be 1/2 syn

And also, cottage cheese, the one they sell here is 97% fat free, so would that be low fat, or very low fat.

Thanks in advance, Nash

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BikerAngel

BikerAngel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I wondered that about the cottage cheese as the only one I can get in tesco is the healthy choices one that says low fat. Couldn't see and extra low fat one

4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

It really does depend on the brand. It was never going to be easy!!

I bought Yeo Valley organic FF vanilla yoghurt, expecting it to be free and it was synned. Only something like a syn per 100g but a syn all the same. It's because of the sugar.

If the cottage cheese is 97% FF then it could be free but again, depends on the type.

If the fromage frais is the natural type, ie not fruit or anything in, then I would hazard a guess that it will be free at 99% FF.

If you have the nutritional information and post it in the syn thread then someone will work it out for you or look it up if the brand name is listed.

Hope this helps.

5. wanna b a yummy mummy

wanna b a yummy mummy Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi

Low fat cottage cheese is half a syn per 100g - that's all I can get in my local Asda/Tesco. Fat free cottage cheese is free. I'm not sure if 97% fat free would be low or very low fat tho!

Not sure if that's any help!

Christine xx

6. BikerAngel

BikerAngel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks will count the syns in mine then

7. Nash

Nash Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.8%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    This one's a bit confusing, huh:confused: Thanks for replying though. Will put it in the syns thread and see what comes back, the only problem in putting in my brand, is that it's ozzie, so probably won't be in the calculator anyway. But as Jaylou said, i'll put in the nutritional information in syns thread.

At the mo, I'll count it as the highest syns possible, and that way, I shouldn't go too wrong.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.