LOW G.I DIET

I couldn't specifically find any thread/forum, under this diet. So either I'm too lazy to find it, if it's here, or it's not here.

Is anyone else doing this diet?

I just started this week.

I'm from New Zealand, so forgive me if you don't use the kgs way of weighing or referring to weight, but it's the only way I know.

I am currently 68.5kgs. I would love to be 55kgs. I'm 5ft2 (158cms) and I'm overweight for my height. I also have an under-active thyroid, which doesn't help things. Which is when your thyroid isn't working hard enough, making it difficult to lose weight and in fact often causes weight gain, moodiness, fatigue, depression and all sorts of other crap.

I'm 32. I had a baby 15 months ago and breastfed for 14 months. So I'd have thought maybe I'd have gotten lighter, but no!

Totally hate my body! Only fit 1 pair of jeans :sigh:

I have Zumba, but have only done it 3 times since I brought it 2 months ago!

So that's a bit about me.

I am! I have the little Collins Gem book. Once you get the hang of the basic rules, it's easy to follow.

A friend of mine started it a couple of years ago, and has since lost a stone without 'dieting' as such. She says it's best to look at it as a lifestyle change and not a 'get slim quick' scheme.

Hi, yes im doing that too, I have combined it with 1200 cals a day...its basically just a healthy diet then. Its working out really well for me and i have been losing on average 2-3lbs a week. I have fallen off the wagon a few times though and had some alcoholic beverages and chocolate, but as long as im good for the next few days following it doesn't seem to affect it.

Lots of luck with it, it is definitely the healthiest diet as it is basically just teaching you how to eat healthily which you should then maintain for the rest of your life.

There is a low GI section on minimins - it's in other diet options .....

Back