low gi after low carb

Discussion in 'GI Diet Support Forum' started by Willpower, 19 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Willpower

Willpower Member

:)Hi, I need to lose 2 and a half stone. I'm on my second week of low carbing(more like no carb). Thinking of starting low gi after the two weeks. Is this a good idea and will I still continue to lose weight? xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Willpower

Willpower Member

Anyone who could answer? I don't want to do the low gi right after low carbing just to put the few pounds i lost back on again! :confused::(

4. irish molly

irish molly Maintaing LT loss on GL

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(38.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    TFR/GL
    Hi, I think low gi/gl after low carb will be an excellent plan. Low GI/GL is also pretty low on carbs just not as harsh as an atkins style diet. Substitute quinoa,lentils and beans instead of potato/pasta/rice. Use oatcakes instead of crackers and have almost no bread. Keep portion sizes very small. Personally, I weighed food for the first couple of weeks to get an idea of the proper portion sizes.
    I am following patrick Holford's GL diet and also have a Nigel Denby book too. lots of luck with it.

5. Willpower

Willpower Member

Thank you soo much for replying. I'll do the low gi then as I'm getting sick of eggs lol xxx

6. Willpower

Willpower Member

Well done on ur weight loss btw xxx

7. irish molly

irish molly Maintaing LT loss on GL

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(38.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    TFR/GL
    Willpower, hope you are getting on with your GI/GL regime. Just stick to the "no bread/potato/pasta/rice" rule and you will do well. Watch portion sizes!!! Use a smaller plate!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.