low gi after low carb

Willpower

:)Hi, I need to lose 2 and a half stone. I'm on my second week of low carbing(more like no carb). Thinking of starting low gi after the two weeks. Is this a good idea and will I still continue to lose weight? xx

Anyone who could answer? I don't want to do the low gi right after low carbing just to put the few pounds i lost back on again! :confused::(

Hi, I think low gi/gl after low carb will be an excellent plan. Low GI/GL is also pretty low on carbs just not as harsh as an atkins style diet. Substitute quinoa,lentils and beans instead of potato/pasta/rice. Use oatcakes instead of crackers and have almost no bread. Keep portion sizes very small. Personally, I weighed food for the first couple of weeks to get an idea of the proper portion sizes.
I am following patrick Holford's GL diet and also have a Nigel Denby book too. lots of luck with it.

Hi, I think low gi/gl after low carb will be an excellent plan. Low GI/GL is also pretty low on carbs just not as harsh as an atkins style diet. Substitute quinoa,lentils and beans instead of potato/pasta/rice. Use oatcakes instead of crackers and have almost no bread. Keep portion sizes very small. Personally, I weighed food for the first couple of weeks to get an idea of the proper portion sizes.
I am following patrick Holford's GL diet and also have a Nigel Denby book too. lots of luck with it.

Well done on ur weight loss btw xxx

Willpower, hope you are getting on with your GI/GL regime. Just stick to the "no bread/potato/pasta/rice" rule and you will do well. Watch portion sizes!!! Use a smaller plate!!

Back