low GI carrot cake!!

Discussion in 'GI Diet Support Forum' started by ilovedogs, 24 February 2010 Social URL.

1. ilovedogs

ilovedogs Full Member

Has anyone got a good recipe for a carrot cake? I have been told Rick Gallop does a good one but I must have bought the wrong book because it is not in there. Please help me I am really needing some carrot cake and I don't want to have a normal one as I have been doing so well.:wave_cry:
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mum_of_one

mum_of_one Silver Member

4. ilovedogs

ilovedogs Full Member

Sounds yummy but is it low GI?
  5. mum_of_one

mum_of_one Silver Member

It said on the link it was :) I just typed low gi carrot cake into google and it came up with loads. Try the same.
  6. verity1987

verity1987 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slim and save
    All this talk of carrot cakes made me hungry so I have literally just finish baking my own.
    feel free to modify some of the ingredients because I used what I have to hand,

400g whole wheat flour
    cup olive oil
    2 grated carrots
    2grated apples
    handful of raisins
    about 15 sweetener tablets dissolved in a pan of...
    200ml warm milk
    some baking powder

mix everything together, these measurements are estimated so add more milk and oil if too thick or more flour if too thin

bake in a tin lined with grease proof paper at about gas mark 6 for 30mins or until done

The whole meal flour is a lot courser than normal flour so it didnt rise too much but its still nice and sticky, due to the olive oil.

I dont have any non fat cream cheese but I assumed some of that and sweetener powder would make a nice topping.

assuming this is low gi as all the ingredients are on my list

Hope this works for you!

Verity xxx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.