Low loss

charl-x

The past two weigh ins ive only lost 2lb..so 4lb in two weeks.

I am greatful for a loss dont get me wrong just I was hoping for a bit bigger like maybe 3lb, as i had a really down in the dumps week and was hoping a nice lose would cheer me up.

Anyway i was wondering if any of you guys had 2+ weeks of low loss, and how long you went through loosing not that much?
and did you do anything to change it, which led to a bigger loss?
thanks xxxx

Sorry you're feeling down in the dumps Charl.

LT claims that ladies will lose a stone a month. You're losing more than that target! You've had weeks of huge losses. You've had 4 weeks of having a 7lbs loss, you've had 4s and 5s. You should really be overjoyed!

It all evens itself out. Maybe your body is holding on for a couple of weeks and your bigger losses will come soon. Hormones, water retention, even stress can effect our losses. Our bodies are complicated machines!

There are people on here who have never had a 'big' loss after their initial first week, you should be thankful you've had a few.

I think you're doing fantastically well Charl. Don't be so hard on yourself, and take one day at a time. Sticking to the plan 100% and drinking your water is all you can do. That's your best afterall.

I've read a bit about body set points. You should look it up as it's very interesting, and makes a lot of sense.

Cheer up sweetie. What other plan could you lose 49lbs in 12 weeks?! That's just over a 4lbs average a week! Amazing!
X

I know am really thankful.
I just cant make sense of the loses like 7lb then down to 2lb, its just hard to understand i suppose i don't seem to have like a set loss yours seem to average between 6-9lb.. mine are just all over the place! xxx but yer head up :) :) xxx only another 2 and half stone to go!

Don't fall into the trap of comparing yourself to others.

I was 22 stone when I started out! Huge! I have soooooooo much more weight than you to lose, so I'm going to have bigger losses. I've only just reached the weight that you started out!

I think you doing fantastically well Charl. You should be so proud of yourself and everything you've achieved so far. As you said you've only another 2 and a half stone to go until you reach goal. I have bloody another 4 and a half (I think) I expect my losses will slow once I get nearer, and I'll even out just like everyone else.

Losing as you are is great, as it gives your skin and body time to tone up. Look on it as catch up. I'm sure you'll hit a bigger loss in the next couple of weeks. Try not to stress about it, as stress can make our bodies sometimes hold onto weight! That's a great excuse to relax and take things as they come.

X

your replys are great thanks! xxxx
doubt you need to be told how fab you loss's are
am glad am on this diet for christmas and new year are you?
i think that would be the worst time for me to come off a diet

I hate to see people down in the dumps when they have so much to celebrate. Be so proud of yourself, you deserve to be.

Oh I agree with you! There is no way I am coming off LT for a day or 2 of indulgence! I'm sticking to plan, as I know I'll have many more Christmases and New Years to celebrate when I'm fit and healthy.

I agree that it would be the worst time to come off as there is soooooooo much temptation around at that time! I'm not particularly a big eater at Christmas as I'm too busy and excited, but I do love my Christmas booze! It'll be a dry hangover free Christmas for me. I'm so looking forward to it.

You're so determined and focused Charl. Keep going strong and that last 2 stone will be gone before you know it!

X

Hey hun i have slow losses compared to others the whole way threw 5lbs was my biggest after the first week an that was only coz i had been very sick earlier that day so dere was nothing inside me and it was earlier in the day than i usually get weighted. Ive lost less than a stone in a month (so under the Lt average) so i know how hard it is to see the small losses. But as Betsy said your losses are high in the bigger picture. Your body will release fat wen it wants too unfortunately.

All you can do is keep drinking water and i figured out if i take it a little easy my losses seem to go up a bit whereas if i have a hectic week my losses are slower. But some people find exercise increases their weight loss. You see the problem with comparing yourself to others it just doesnt work only makes you feel bad.

Look forward to next week your losses will prob be great! At least your consistantly losing an not staying the same right???

Well done for losing "only" 2lbs this week. Its a good loss. Yes I know its a bit disappointing when others loss consistently more. I know how you feel - my last two weigh in's were not the best but I just try and remember the bigger picture and the ultimate goal. I also think that yippee I have 2lbs (or whatever) less of that yukky horrible fat :D :D

I am sure that you will have bigger losses in time - but each lb off is making you slimmer and healthier and more gorgeous than you already are. :D :D

Never compare yourself tp others as we all are very different internally. 2lbs is a good loss, on any other diet, you'd lose less O_O.

I lost 2lbs consecutively for 2 weeks myself, but isn't it better than losing nothing at all?

Here's something to look up when you have a small loss:
Take measurements, I learnt that losing fat and losing weight are different, you may not lose much in weight, but you may have lost inches (or cm depends how you prefer to measure) of fat. I found 2 weeks ago that I lost about 1inch of fat around my waist. So dispite me being a little unimpressed with my weight loss, I was happy because I knew in appearence I was looking smaller.

Are you closer to goal also? the less weight to lose, the slower the loss is. You may also be due for your period. Just keep your fluids up, if you're drinking 2 litres, try 2.5 - 3 litres.

Best of luck hun, and well done for sticking to it so far :)

My first week was high then it got low and low and stayed low. The only thing that kept me going was that I could feel and see the difference so I was happy with that. People have stayed the same on the scales but have found that they have lost inches all over.

Just ignore the scales that is what I do. As long as my dress size is going down and I can feel and see the difference then I am having good loses :)

Hey Charl

I know exactly how you feel. A naughty sneak on the scales has showed me about 2.5lbs down this week and WI is tomorrow. I think to myself, I have so much weight to lose, 8 stones, and I can easily achieve 2lbs a week weight loss on other plans, have done in fact, several times. We are limiting our calories so much why are we losing so little weight?

The only thing that is different with my life now compare to when I have dieted and lost 3lbs per week on other plans, is that I'm now totally sedentary. Most days I never leave the house and I live in a tiny matchbox sized flat. In fact, when I weighed in at the pharmacy on Saturday and he noted a 2lb loss he advised me to start exercising and I think he is right.

It's true we are all different, made different and lose at different rates but at the end of the day, ketosis or no ketosis, calories in vs calories out is what it actually comes down it - it says as much on the bag "maximise the calorie gap". You need a calorie deficit of 3500 to burn just a single pound of fat. If like me you are sat on your butt all day then basically the only calories your body is using are the ones that keep your body ticking over so adding *any* form of activity to my day would have an impact on my losses.

I have no idea how active your lifestyle is Charl but it's worth taking into consideration. In fact, it would be interesting to know just how active all of us are day to day and perhaps that may also shed some light on why some people have consistantly higher weightlosses than others. People who work and run after children all day are bound to burn of lots of calories compared to those who don't and/or are housebound.

Just another thing to think about. Well done on your losses so far though, you've done amazingly well and you should be very proud of that :)

Hi Charl, my losses are pretty consistantly low as well, but like the others have said, check your inches, i've lost 3 dress sizes, so its worth it to check that. Also don't compare your losses to everyone elses, your body will only lose what it can cope with losing, and we're all different. Just be glad its going down down down, not up up up!!

Back