low point meringues???

Anyone tried the choc meringues in the new Complete Cookbook? They are amazing! The kids called them "chocolate clouds" – sooooooooooo good!

Marbled Meringues with Chocolate Mousse
28pp per recipe - serves 6

2 egg whites
100g caster sugar
1 heaped tsp cocoa powder

75g dark choc (75% cocoa solids)
2 heaped tsps clear honey
150g Quark
40g strawberries

Preheat oven 150C / 130C fan oven. Line a tray.
Beat egg whites until stiff then gradually add sugar beating well in between.
Transfer a large spoon of mixture to another bowl and fold in cocoa powder. Then put back the chocolate meringue mixture in the original meringue mixture and gently fold until marbled.
Spoon mixture into 6 mounds on baking tray and bake in the oven for 40 minutes until they feel crisp. Turn off the oven, but leave the meringues in to cool.

To make chocolate mousse... melt the chocolate, when cooled stir in honey and Quark, mixing well until smooth. You can put in fridge, but return it to room temperature when serving. Divid the mousse between the meringues and spoon strawberries on top.

I just made the meringues – didn't bother with the mousse – they are lovely and kids love them too.

Last edited:
Granty said:
Marbled Meringues with Chocolate Mousse
28pp per recipe - serves 6

2 egg whites
100g caster sugar
1 heaped tsp cocoa powder

75g dark choc (75% cocoa solids)
2 heaped tsps clear honey
150g Quark
40g strawberries

Preheat oven 150C / 130C fan oven. Line a tray.
Beat egg whites until stiff then gradually add sugar beating well in between.
Transfer a large spoon of mixture to another bowl and fold in cocoa powder. Then put back the chocolate meringue mixture in the original meringue mixture and gently fold until marbled.
Spoon mixture into 6 mounds on baking tray and bake in the oven for 40 minutes until they feel crisp. Turn off the oven, but leave the meringues in to cool.

To make chocolate mousse... melt the chocolate, when cooled stir in honey and Quark, mixing well until smooth. You can put in fridge, but return it to room temperature when serving. Divid the mousse between the meringues and spoon strawberries on top.

I just made the meringues, lovely!

This sounds delish, I think I'll give it a try!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using MiniMins

Back