Low point!

Celerystalks

Hi there I'm new to the forums. I went to my first recent slimming world class 2 weeks ago and had first weigh in today. Lost a pound and a half, completely undeservedly as I've had a HORRENDOUS two weeks. My kids (two little girls) were sick last week, had one at A&E last thurs (why I missed group) as well as my eldests second birthday and my friends birthday!

Anyway, I have my youngest's christening on Sunday and went looking for an outfit today. No time to try on so just bought a top and cardi in coast (too big for dresses). Came home and tried it on and it's TOO FRIGGIN SMALL!!! Size 18 so that's that. I've eaten myself out of yet another shop.
Rather depressing, but hopefully this will be an end to that.

Been there! It's taken me many of those moments to finally kick my butt into action! And every hard day of this diet still feels better than walking out of a shop because they don't go up to your size! Keep strong and think about when you can walk in to any shop and buy whatever you want, and know that it will fit you. And in the short term, picking up a size 18 and it being too big!!!

Thanks so much for words of encouragement. I can't wait to be able to shop in the likes of oasis and topshop again. I was a small 14 around the time I got married (briefly!!) and I loved going into shops and not having to just pick the biggest or loosest fitting things I could find!

I'm looking forward to the day I can walk into any shop and not have to worry if they have my size!

Good luck xx

Back