Low Sin Lunch ideas please.

I enjoy green days so can anyone offer any ideas for tasty pasta dishes that I can take to work for lunch. :confused:

Hi
Tuna mayonaise - I add red onion andd corn.
Mixed beans in brine and then add tomatoes, onion, corn, peppers and celery
Chopped ham/meat substiture if a vegetarian with peppers, tomatoes, spring onion and salad cream.
Hope these ideas help?
Irene

Erm for my green day lunches i have;

Beans on toast (bread as HEB)
Cous cous salad
mug shot sachets
egg sarnies
left over pasta spicy sauce and quorn sausage
spaghetti hoops on toast
i always have a muller light and fruit handy too
Hope this helps
x

I like savoury rice cooked the night before with added veggies or salad in. I also then cook up a couple of meatfree burgers (.5 a syn each for sainsburys ones) and chop them up and bung in. I then reheat it at work and it is really filly and nice.

Homemade soup with pasta in... one of my colleagues makes it and it always smells lovely! She uses a tomato soup base, with beans and pasta in it.
I have soup often, but not with pasta.
The other day I made a pasta sald type thing with pasta, VLF Fromage Frais, a pinch of mustard powder, salt and pepper, cooked and cooled frozen peas and sweetcorn, red pepper and onion. It was really yummy, and I made a huge portion that lasted 2 days and just picked as and when I felt like it.

I keep meaning to make a low-syn version of the yummy M&S pasta, spinach and pine nuts salad, but so far haven't got round to it. Anyway, this is what I'll do when I do make it:

Cooked pasta
8 squirts of Filippo Berio olive oil spray (2 syns)
Raw spinach chopped up a bit
1teaspoon of jarred pesto (about 1-1.5 syns)
1 level tablespoon pine nuts
Cherry tomatoes are nice, if you have some. Could probably also add chopped red or orange pepper, yum!

If you prefer your pine nuts toasted, they can be cooked off in fry light, then basically just mix all the above things together - can probably be done without the olive oil spray, but it does help the small amount of pesto to go further - even if I weren't making a low syn version, I'd just add olive oil to the pesto rather than using more pesto; of course, you could use a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil as a healthy extra B instead of using the spray.

The M&S version also has grated cheese in, which could be added as a HEa.

Last edited:
i'll try the fromaige fraise (sp?) but try curry powder in it sounds good thanks, the more ideas the better thanks again :)

Back