Extra Easy Low syn chocolate substitute?

sleepyhorse

Hello so ive been craving chocolate alot recently but I never have enough syns for proper chocolate as I eat alot of crackers and carbs (oven chips, fresh noodles) so is there any low syn things I can buy (or make) that I can have alot of when I need it?
Thanks

Unfortunately there isn't really a chocolate product that you can have a lot of for low syns.

I usually buy fun size chocs as these range from between 3-6 syns a bar. Or you could mix in an options hot chocolate into greek yoghurt to have a chocolately yoghurty treat. Most of the options sachets are 2 syns per sachet.

The options is a really good idea. If you do really crave something, maybe save up some Syns and have a decent bar (a good tip, if you get a bar that's crunchy it fills you up more! - though I only eat white chocolate so speaking specifically of that in my experience, sure it works for all!) then your cravings might lessen, sometimes you need a bit of what you fancy to make the cravings stop!
X

Also another good tip is get something chewy and freeze/fridge it, it'll take you longer to eat - think people do this a lot with curly wurlys!

There's a new chocolate sauce out called choc shots, it was in last months magazine and is half a syn per tsp. it's really yummy and you can use it on just about anything - ice cream, pancakes etc I think you can also use hot water and make hot chocolate out of it. It's quite rich so a little goes a long way!

Is there any way you can substitute things like the oven chips and fresh noodles for syn free alternatives? I used to eat a lot of oven chips but since I started SW haven't bothered... I make my own potato wedges and they are 'free'. Pasta wise I use dry pasta including noodles. It would free up a lot of syns.

Is there any way you can substitute things like the oven chips and fresh noodles for syn free alternatives? I used to eat a lot of oven chips but since I started SW haven't bothered... I make my own potato wedges and they are 'free'. Pasta wise I use dry pasta including noodles. It would free up a lot of syns.

Totally agree with this. Look at making changes to your meals. SW chips are much better than oven chips in my opinion and you can have more. Same with dried noodles, they take minutes to make so cannot understand why you would use fresh? By freeing up syns you can enjoy a fair bit of chocolate - too much to list, but I eat Cadbury's chocolate fingers and Kit Kat's all the time! Hope that helps :D

the large snackajack chocolate ones are nice, and have little choc chips on.

3 syns each i think x

Also another good tip is get something chewy and freeze/fridge it, it'll take you longer to eat - think people do this a lot with curly wurlys!

I stopped putting curly wurlys in the freezer after 1 broke a tooth!!

The chocolate mullerlight desserts are around 5 syns. I've tried the choc and choc mint one. Good thing with them is I wouldn't be able to eat more than 1 since they are so chocolately. But once I start eating proper chocolate bars I can find it hard to stop!

A fav yoghurt mixed with fav options and frozen into silicon moulds teatime are lovely to snack on in the evening they don't stay frozen long but long enough x

I have a massive Mug (it holds a pint) and when i really have a chocolate fix i cant get rid of i make a massive hot chocolate, I use 2 sachets of options hot chocolate (my favorite is the mint one) and then sometimes i have marshmallows (mini ones i got from Morrison work out 1 syn for 20). So i have a pint of minty hot chocolate and marshmallows for 5 syns. It takes me a long time to drink because my mug tends to keep it quite hot. By the time i have finished the pint i have fixed the craving good and proper and only used 5 syns which i think is a bargain. I always keep the 5 (or more) spare in case i need them.

- if you dont have a pint mug (don't suppose many do) then you could just have a normal sized hot chock and marshmallows for 3 syns and i am sure it would still hit the spot.

Another chocolate fix is the cake in a mug, which i believe was on the SW website, it involves an egg, i sachet of options and some sweetener all mixed and then microwaved and that it meant to be a good choc fix. Not personally tried it as i really don't have very many eggs in any one day.

I have seen on amazon some calorie free chocolate sauce but i have not brought or tried - but if you are a chocolate fan this might work stirred into something maybe - can't remember what it was called which is not that helpful but a good search should find it.

Chocolate MiniMilks - 1.5 syns each.
Mikado sticks are only 0.5 syns each, but I can never stop at just a few.
Lately I go to the shop and buy just one Freddo (5 syns). Eat it cold and it lasts longer and tastes better.
Also never though I'd be one of those annoying ppl that says in a saintly way 'I can eat a few squares of dark chocolate and be satisfied' but I'm def moving closer to that!
Wish I liked hot chocolate...

Back