Low Syn Coleslaw

Davey1984

Does anyone know how to make a low syn coleslaw that tastes as close to home made coleslaw as possible, Iv tried using natural yoghurt and fromage frais but it tastes so bland.

Any ideas? Xxx

Davey1984 said:
Does anyone know how to make a low syn coleslaw that tastes as close to home made coleslaw as possible, Iv tried using natural yoghurt and fromage frais but it tastes so bland.

Any ideas? Xxx

If you search the recipe forum I imagine you'll find several threads with ideas :)

Davey1984 said:

Any ideas? Xxx

I whizz up some cottage cheese with vlf salad cream , Nat yogurt and it sounds odd but works really well a few shakes of magi liquid seasoning !!

Welshtigger said:
It's a liquid seasoning made by the people who do those shake bag things :) sposed to be fab :)

It's so useful , I buy massive bottles in costco but have run out :-(. Need to get more I use it for so many things !

Coleslaw mix, mandarin muller light, LF mayo (1 syn per level tbspoon) I dont use lighter than light, jammed packed full of salt.

Any ideas? Xxx

You just need some flavours in there! Stick a bit of mustard in, maybe some garlic. Plenty of salt & coarsely crushed pepper. Dash of lemon juice or vinegar if you think it needs it? Whatever spices you fancy! Fresh herbs if you like them.Just google for coleslaw recipes but replace any mayo with your ffff/yoghurt/Quark/whatever you prefer :) Easy!

Magi , it's kind of a bit like soy sauce but a bit more savoury !! Free as you only need a few drops !!

Back