Low Syn Dessert Idea

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Pink_Peony, 25 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Pink_Peony

Pink_Peony Full Member

I just wanted to let you all know about a yummy low syn dessert that I have tried this weekend....:D....apologies if it has already been mentioned.

We had people over for dinner last night and for dessert I made them eton mess. As an alternative I had low fat fromage frais with some sweetner added to it and then from Sainsburys I bought the Forest Fruits Compote. It is only 11 syns for the whole pot and I used the tiniest bit for me, probably not even a teaspoon. Swirled it round with the fromage frais and it was SO yummy!!! I counted it as one syn but am pretty certain that it is less than that because I didn't even use 1/11 of the pot! For a real treat you could break a meringue nest in to chunks and stir that in too (in the style of eton mess) and that would only be 4 syns max!!! It was yummy!! xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BevR

BevR Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    oooh that sounds nice especially adding the meringue nest to it, will have to give one ago thanks!!:eating:

4. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I have something similar for my dessert often!!
    A meringue nest filled with frozen summer fruits (defrosted, obviously!) and then topped with fromage frais or a mullerlight.
    Gorgeous!! And more to the point, only 3 syns for the meringue!
    Sometimes I have mini meringues which are 1 syn each so I have 4 or 5.....great to cure that sweet craving ;)

5. Amber_Baby

Amber_Baby I'm a raver baby!

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(8.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Definitely, meringues are a great dessert idea, I love having mine with vlf fromage frais, mixed berries and a mini mikybar broken into pieces on top, totally indulgent and only 6.5 syns!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.