low syn thai chicken and coriander rice

boobalicious

Hi

I love thai food so here is an easy one pot recipie, without the syns!

serves 4
1kg chicken thighs/drumsticks with skin removed
1 tsp sunflower oil (or fry light)
3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1inch fresh ginger, then grated
1 crushed garlic clove
zest and juice of 1 lime

for rice - 250 g of long grain rice or sticky thai rice depending on your preference
fresh chopped coriander.

1. preheat oven to 180C or mark 6.
2. arrange chicken pieces to cover a roasting tin in a single layer
3. add oil, chilli sauce, ginger, garlic, lime juice and zest to pan and stir to coat chicken
4, cook for approx 30 mins till it looks a bit sticky!
5, for rice cook per instructions.
6. stir the coriander through rice, sprinkle on chicken and serve together with juices poured.

on extra easy using a tsp of oil - total syns are 6.5 for the dish I think but I dont have the most uptodate books so please don't rely on me for this - so 1.5 per serving ish.
If you don't want the rice, served with a few boiled pots or even wedges its still nice
To get your superfree 1/3rd - experiment - i sometimes have it with watercress, rocket salad or peppers and toms that have been roasted in the oven in frylight which i know is a bit weird but i like weird combinations!

you can also marinade the chicken pieces in a bag overnight etc to make it easier

If you are feeling naughty - stir 2 tbsp of dessicated coconut into the rice or cook partially in coconut milk - but this does knock the syns up and you dont get a huge amount of benefit for it in my humble opinion:eek:

Hi,

Just looking through recipes for something nice and tasty and i came across this recipe and it sounds gorgeous. I will be making this in the next few days.

Bernie x

Hi

I love thai food so here is an easy one pot recipie, without the syns!

serves 4
1kg chicken thighs/drumsticks with skin removed
1 tsp sunflower oil (or fry light)
3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1inch fresh ginger, then grated
1 crushed garlic clove
zest and juice of 1 lime

for rice - 250 g of long grain rice or sticky thai rice depending on your preference
fresh chopped coriander.

1. preheat oven to 180C or mark 6.
2. arrange chicken pieces to cover a roasting tin in a single layer
3. add oil, chilli sauce, ginger, garlic, lime juice and zest to pan and stir to coat chicken
4, cook for approx 30 mins till it looks a bit sticky!
5, for rice cook per instructions.
6. stir the coriander through rice, sprinkle on chicken and serve together with juices poured.

on extra easy using a tsp of oil - total syns are 6.5 for the dish I think but I dont have the most uptodate books so please don't rely on me for this - so 1.5 per serving ish.
If you don't want the rice, served with a few boiled pots or even wedges its still nice
To get your superfree 1/3rd - experiment - i sometimes have it with watercress, rocket salad or peppers and toms that have been roasted in the oven in frylight which i know is a bit weird but i like weird combinations!

you can also marinade the chicken pieces in a bag overnight etc to make it easier

If you are feeling naughty - stir 2 tbsp of dessicated coconut into the rice or cook partially in coconut milk - but this does knock the syns up and you dont get a huge amount of benefit for it in my humble opinion:eek:

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere but could I use a low fat (free) coconut yogurt in this curries?

Back