lowcarbmegastore

Hi Dana

I shop there quite a lot - mainly for the Mama Lupe low carb tortillas and Josephs wraps (great for lunches) and the no sugar sweets - the acid drops are a big favourite :) Also get the no carb maple syrup and some Atkins chocolate bars/shakes :)

Expensive but all low carb shopping seems to be £££! Also really quick delivery.

I looked and was tempted but managed to resist! Did get some of the atkins bars and crispbreads from Boots website when they were doing money off but they are nearly all still in the cupboard. One thing I really would have liked is the low carb tomato ketchup. Can't find anything similar in supermarkets...

Oh Dana watch out for the no carb choc - it seems to give most people r-e-a-l-l-y bad side (read: bottom) effects - very bad wind, runs, cramps - not good - but at the same time chocolate is chocolate!

Thorntons is the same for me, can't eat the stuff - but I'm fine with Atkins bars. Best if you experiment - but be prepared for a night on the loo if you overdo it :)

Yeah I am not so keen on ketchup so I guess I am lucky there. I use tomato puree for some dishes. Maybe you can play around a bit and use that as a basis, add some salt and pepper and some butter to make into a tomato sauce. If its to sour add a little Splenda. Sounds gross but thats how I used to make spaghetti and tomato sauce. Just that I used a little sugar instead of Splenda. ;)

BTW you need to get butter melted, add puree and then the rest. Not just mix it together cold. lol Me and instructions.

LOL I hear your pain, we've all been there :)

Have a search in the threads for chocolate, there's been a lot of discussion about choc from the LCM. Most recently I tried the Cavalier fruity four pack - very nice, but just eating one bar at a time still sent me running to the toilette an hour later :) Good for a clean out I guess (tmi sorry lol)

The chocolate despite being 0 or low carb can also stall your loss, so if you find you don't lose anything or lose slower the weeks you eat it, make sure you cut it out before worrying the diet isn't working.

Oh and for fruit cravings, try stewed rhubarb with sweetener. It's technically a veg and you need to weigh it and count the carbs but you can have a good amount of stewed rhubarb for 8g carbs and it's healthy and delicious. The low carb chocs are as bad for you as taking regular laxatives - they cause bowel cramping and all sorts.

For lcm orders my favorites are:
Shirataki noodles - rather a strange texture but great for your favorite pasta sauces
Heinz one carb ketchup
Josephs pittas
Mama lupe wraps (for both i bought in bulk, freeze and have one maybe every other day)
Dietimeal pudding/shake mix- i use approx 1/3 pack to flavour mims vanilla or chocolate. Sometimes have a chocolate mouse as special treat

It's only about 4-5 miles away from where I work so I can just collect it which is very handy!

The 1 carb ketchup is a winner winner for me, and the tortillas are excellent with chicken, Mayo & the ketchup.

The creama lite (think that's what it's called) taste like worthers originals!

I much prefer Avidlite like!

Delivery seems to be faster and cost less....had a major problem with LCM and delivery once, had to walk miles to the nearest depot as their courier was physically incapable of knocking on a door and opted instead to take a picture of the property on his mobile through the van window and just chuff off on his way!

They have a massive range of chocolate and no sugar sweets...and no carb tomato sauce which is lovely!

At this stage, I think I'm going to stay away. Might be good when on higher rungs or when I'm bored with the diet, but for me, clean and green the only way to go at the moment!

-FJ- said:
I much prefer Avidlite like!

Delivery seems to be faster and cost less....had a major problem with LCM and delivery once, had to walk miles to the nearest depot as their courier was physically incapable of knocking on a door and opted instead to take a picture of the property on his mobile through the van window and just chuff off on his way!

They have a massive range of chocolate and no sugar sweets...and no carb tomato sauce which is lovely!

In all fairness that's the courier which is DHL not LCM.

In all fairness that's the courier which is DHL not LCM.

LCM hadn't bothered to pass on the delivery details to them...ie to leave with a neighbour as they had been doing for months previously....shame because there are things on LCM that aren't available on Avidlite...such as low carb ice cream mixes etc...

But never again will I use them he he

Back