Lower calorie alternatives to mugshots?

If you do want to have a mugshot, why not prepare some veggies in the morning, peas, corn, tomatoes, onions & then mix them into your mugshot, then you've got a nice little meal for your lunch:D

Some fab ideas ladies thank you all so much :)

Have to admit I'm not keen on soup I have to be really in the mood for it, plus I don't have any way of blending it if I was to try and make some.

I can definitely can take some cooked peas/sweetcorn into wok to chuck into a mugshot to use them up. After that I think I just won't buy them again - too much temptation as they are really nice ;)

I did see the Pot Noodle ones in Asda and wondered if they were free so maybe if I really felt I needed it I could try those but I think I'll try going cold turkey for now :)

What is the point in calorie counting? slimming world is not about calorie counting, its food optimising, so as long as its free and your having you superfree then it should work,and drink plenty of water,

I am only roughly calorie counting not counting down to the exact number. The main reason is because I don't want to rely on eating loads of free foods as snacks that then may actually be quite high in calories when I could possibly have something else which is lower.

It's more about retraining my mind to choose the right things than anything else.

That's why you should choose superfree as a snack if at all possible. It's the best way!

Thats what I'm going to try and do from now on. I do mostly snack on speed foods already (plums, cherries, apricots etc) and I try to have strawberries and raspberries everyday but there aren't asd many super speed fruits available and it gets a bit boring have the same everyday.

Today I have my sandwich and then a mixture of cherries and strawberries. Going to try doing it that way everyday and see what happens next week :)

I just thought I'd let you all know that I have cut out the mugshots and am making sure that I am eating a third speed and superspeed food at each meal and snacking mostly on speed / superspeed fruits and vegetables.

I have lost 5lbs by doing this so I am going to continue with it now and hopefully catch up for the weeks I only had a small loss :)

Shazza, I'm delighted for your loss.
Just remember that if you're on EE it's 1/3 Super Free that you need to include, and try to choose for snacks.
Not all Speed or Super Speed foods are Super Free, and not all Super Free foods are Speed or Super Speed.
OK, it's not likely to make huge difference week on week, but confusing the different 'types' of foods, especially on EE, would more than likely slow your losses.
For example, someone suggested adding pre-cooked superfree veg to your mugshots (great idea, I must try that!), and you said you'd try peas and sweetcorn....sweetcorn is Free, but not Superfree, so can't make up part of your 1/3, and peas, depending on type, will be Speed or Super Speed foods, and all are Free, again, not part of your 1/3 Super Free daily intake.

I know the terms are very similar, and it's difficult to get your head round. I find sitting and re-reading my book helps clarify things like this. All the info it there, you just need to get to grips with it!

But, hey - 5lbs? Something's certainly done the trick for you - probably all the SS foods!

I don't have the latest book as am not going to class I brought my books off Ebay and I think they are from last year.

It doesn't mention anything about free and super free foods in my book it just have the little red 'S' or 'SS' next to the things in the EE book. How can I find out what things are free and superfree as am a little confused over those.

Back