Lower leg tingling after running?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by RachelM, 26 August 2009 Social URL.

1. RachelM

RachelM Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I've recently started a 5k running programme and am at the end of week 2. I've noticed that after I've stopped the running portion and I'm brisk walking/cooling down both of my legs tingle in a sort of numb, almost pins and needles like way. It only affects the front of my legs and only between the knee and ankles. I also have a protruding bit of muscle below my knees (to the outside of each knee) that I'm not entirely sure was that obvious beforhand. I have had shin splints in the past and think this could maybe be related?

I always warm up and stretch so I'm hoping it's not nerve related :eek:/

Any ideas/advice/sympathy welcome lol!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jenny_belte

jenny_belte Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(11.69%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    hey rachel, i know you said you warm up and stretch, but do u stretch before and after uve finished? its really important for the muscle to return to normal size after finishing.
    not sure but the muscle protruding, think id go to gp just in case.
    x x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.