Power walking versus running

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Jodyray, 16 January 2013 Social URL.

1. Jodyray

Jodyray Full Member

Hi all, is it possible to lose weight and get fit with power walking as much as you can with running? I have done both but I'm not great at running I get shin splints and out of breath quite easily as I'm asthmatic. I've tried the couch to 5k that the nhs suggest but I struggle. With walking I've easily done 8 miles with no breathing issues but not sure it will help me lose weight! Any advice? X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Jodyray

Jodyray Full Member

Yes I agree that any is better than none. How often do you go per week? Congrats on your weight loss! :)

4. Jodyray

Jodyray Full Member

Fab well I've just got myself a husky puppy so plenty of walking ahead I think lol

5. MrsKing

MrsKing Full Member

I totally agree I can power walk for miles no problem but I actually get back pain and out if breath so quick when running. I definitely think it works as good as running its just off putti g when people comment saying its not as good but a few years ago I saw results from walking , so should really get back in the power walking ... Roll on summertime! X