lowish carb veggies

geordiegirl

getting a bit bored of broc and cauli and leek , can i have butternut squash or is this too high

need some ideas to vary my veg a bit ,

any help is much appreciated , i thank you LOL:)

Turnip chips are amazing, highly recommend them, Par-boil them then spray in oli put in oven, salt vinegar, totally lush!

mmm i did wonder about a cheese sauce! LOVE cauli cheese,

french beans, boiled and then a knob of butter melted over them, had them today, taste sensation!

spring green cabbge, lightly boiled with bacon bits - flaming gorgeous

thanks guys , you always inspire with me your ideas xxx

im just waiting for my cauliflower cheese to cook now mmm

i love asparagus as well with a knob of butter

x

never tried it, apparently an aquired taste but im going to try it next week sometime!

(i want them in bacon and a dippy egg to dip in lol)

Mmmm love asparagus, and I like the sound of cauli cheese as it's not my favourite veg on its own. Had broccoli tonight with a knob of butter and also I like fried cabbage with a bit of bacon & black pepper.

I thought though that turnips being a root veg were a no-no?

I know cauli can get boring, but doing some cheese sauce made purely from double cream & philly cheese is fab, and so far i cant get enough of it!

Ooo! Do you have a recipe for this?

I have just made a big batch of Leek and Butternut Squash soup... :eek: I think i'm allowed it following Pig2Twig though. Does Butternut Squash contain a lot of carbs then?

I'd try celeriac before turnip, and there is a list of vegetables in my stickie above. :)

I'd try celeriac before turnip, and there is a list of vegetables in my stickie above. :)

Thanks Jim - I forgot about that! Doh! :D

LOL Blonde moment there? :D

I'm dark haired so just a moment Jim... you'll find I have these a lot!! :D :D

You could try curly kale? If you drizzle or spray it with oil and cook it for just 2 mins or so under a hot grill then add salt it tastes very much like crispy seaweed from the chinese..........

ooh yeah i love doing that with curly kale :D

I like to fry bacon lardons with curly kale.

Back