Loz's weight loss diary

Ha ha that's one positive!

Back on track today, I think. I've had about 800 calories so far (had my main meal at lunch time). I've had one coffee and about 750ml water.

I've not been able to get out in the garden today as it's pouring down with rain.

The weather's miserable isn't it?

Calorie count for the day is 2000. More than it should have been but it could have been worse. I made a beautiful fruit crumble from my own fruit. I knew what the ingredients were in a crumble but never realised how many calories it was, and I didn't have it with custard. I'll make them in small individual portions next time and serve about half the amount I served as a portion today.

Mmm fruit crumble, at least with home made you can control what goes into it.

Family-wise the last week or so has been difficult but life is settling back down now and I think I can start focusing again properly. The diet hasn't been great; some days I've made good choices, some days I haven't.

Yesterday I had a day out with friends which did involve unhealthy food but I didn't over do it and I didn't snack between meals (other than an ice cream) and I walked about 7 miles, some whilst carrying a sleeping toddler, so that was good.

Hi Loz. How's the summer going?

Urgh, I'm rubbish at this diet stuff. I make a start, do OK and then something always derails me. I want to say this time I will do it. But I always seem to say that and its nevet the case. So I'm just going to say I'm going to give it another go.

The world is just awful at the moment, nothing is how it was even just a few months ago. I've decided I need something to focus on over the next few weeks or months, however long it takes until we can get some normality back. So I've decided to re-focus on weight loss. I'm not able to go to the shops anywhere near as often as I was so I'm having to cook and prepare food each day, which I'm actually enjoying. And because I'm preparing food for myself at home and eating here, I can buy healthier snacks (fruit and veg) as I know they'll be eaten. I'm also so bored in the evenings after work so I've been busy in the garden. Today, I was planning in going for a nice long walk, I'd picked my route and everything. Unfortunately I hadn't done my washing (no clean underwear, oops) so I did some exercise in the house which I'm pleased about. I'm going to exercise at least three times per week.

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning and use that as my official starting weight, but I've already lost a couple of kilos over the last week or so (I was 152kg - my heaviest ever weight).

I'm not going to set any goals or plans or anything (not at the moment anyway) as I never meet them.

I do wish I'd completed this when I joined here all those years ago - nearly 4 years ago now. But, I feel like I've achieved other, non-weight related things during that time which is a positive.

Official start weight for this time is 149.6kg.

I'm at about 600 calories so far for the day, dinner still to go which I think will be another 600 calories or so. Feeling quite positive today about this whole thing.

So today's calories totalled just over 1400. Did another exercise session at home this evening and cut the grass.

I've joined one of the challenges. I've joined a few in the last but never stayed around for long enough to really participate properly. I want to do it this time. I've put down to lose 10kg by mid June. Hopefully that's achievable!

So I weighed myself this morning before work. 148.5kg. Also started my period last night so unsure if maybe that has had something to do with the 1kg loss overnight.

Probably going to do a bit of exercise tonight. Doing a version of couch to 5k on my phone. Managed a jog (on the spot) of just over one and a third miles yesterday. It might not be much but I'm pretty impressed with that! Not I'm sure whether I'll have to jog further or long today.

Just about to have lunch, have had a handful of blueberries so far today.

This is the part of weight loss I enjoy, at the beginning when the weight literally falls off. Down to 147kg this morning which I'm really happy about. I bought chocolate when I did some shopping yesterday as I saw the chocolate oranges and thought I really wanted one, but I've not eaten it yet. It doesn't seem worth the calories. It's sitting on my kitchen work top at the moment. Stuck to about 1450 calories yesterday.

Trying to decide what to have for dinner. Think I might have a salmon sandwich and a side salad followed by some fruit. I'm at about 650 calories today so far. Really want to do some more jogging on the spot again (nearly wrote running, thought that made it sound too good!) but I think my legs feel as though they need a night off, I've jogged three nights in a row and the programme thing is for 3 nights jogging per week.

Still feeling really upbeat about the diet. I think the lowest I got down to when I first started this a few years ago was 139.9kg. I'd love to get lower than that in the not too distant future.

I've jogged a mile this evening. My slowest pace this week but I've done it! 300 calories burnt - I think I would quite like to get 'hooked' on this exercise malarkey!

Dinner was nice. I had a whole (small) can of salmon which seemed a lot but, calorie-wise, it was 140 calories which isn't very much at all. Total calories for the day of just over 1000. I'm not hungry though. I think as I'm eating less calorie dense foods, I'm still taking a similar volume of food in. I had a couple of carrots after dinner which took more munching through than a bar or two of chocolate would have done. And I'm drinking more water. I don't know if it's that the water is rather filling or I'm just always confusing thirst with hunger (I suspect it's the latter as I know when I don't drink at work, I pig out like crazy when I get home).

Who knows, by the end of this lock down, I might look like a new woman! As much as I hate not seeing my family, they do have a habit of trying to feed anyone the moment they're in the house, so I don't have that to contend with at the moment.

Slight gain this morning, 147.8kg. A bit disappointed and not sure why but hopefully it'll even itself out by the end of the week. I like daily weighing as I like to know what is going on but I suppose this is the downside of that. Had I just done a weekly weight, I would (hopefully) just have seen a drop in the weight and not seen the fluctuations day to day. Ah well, I'll see what I am tomorrow. And maybe up the water intake!

Calf muscles are a little sore today so definitely no jogging this evening. I do feel quite guilty saying that though.

Just pondering what to do for dinner. Might have a couple of eggs (never used to like them, now quite a fan!) as I had quite a large lunch. Calorie intake so far is just over 1000 calories so probably shouldn't have too much.

Did just over a mile jogging just now. That's 2 hours moderate intensity exercise since Sunday (including my nice brisk walk back from the shop earlier in the week) and I'm very pleased with that! I think I might like to take up jogging properly when I've both got down to a much smaller size and when I can manage a few miles.

Total calories in just over 1250. Going to increase my water intake this evening, aim for 1.5L more today and hopefully I'll see a little drop on the scales again tomorrow.

Slight gain again this morning, really not sure why (unless I've developed super muscles from all the jogging!). The only reason I can think of is I'm constipated (haven't been properly for a couple of days and I normally go every single morning, more so when on my period, I don't feel constipated though, I have no need to go at the moment - sorry for the detail!). Running low on veg now, down to just onions and a little bit of cress left. I'll need to get some shopping tomorrow so just going to stock up on veg I think. Water intake has been plentiful. I'm also going to have more calories today and then low again tomorrow in the hope it kick starts the losses again.

I've had about 800 calories so far. Definitely not going to do any jogging today, my legs definietly need the rest!

Well, something worked, down to 147.8kg today. Ate about 2000 calories yesterday (including a little dark chocolate which, apparently, can be good for the digestive system). Been to the loo this morning too. Legs are feeling much better today, they were feeling rather achy in work yesterday.

Plan for today is to go shopping soon. Not yet eaten though so think I'll have something to eat first, maybe some eggs. I need to come up with some sort of meal plan for next week. I fancy fish for dinner tonight I think, either as a stir fry or steamed in the oven. I'll have to see what they have at the supermarket. I might get a nice salad to go with it.

Tomorrow, I might do stuffed mushrooms for one meal and maybe cheese on toast for the other. I could do stuffed peppers on Monday. Stir fry Tuesday. I'm working late Wednesday so maybe tuna or salmon sandwiches (if the bread keeps that long, it's a few days old now, if not crackers and cheese, perhaps). I could make soup Thursday which would probably do for Friday too.

Thank you Manxy. Some jogs have been easier than others. The last one felt like it was trying to kill me! I think it was cos I'd not rested at all between them - I never thought not resting enough would be something I would say! Definitely having today off too (I've had too much wine with dinner to even contemplate jogging!). I'm far from jogging in public but I do think it is something I might consider when I'm slightly fitter.

Today's not been too bad, I've done my shopping and done the housework. I've had a really nice dinner (salmon) and a fair bit of wine. Calories are about 1800 today, including the wine. I can't remember when I last drank this much! Going to finish this glass and then I think I need to get on the water else I'm going to have a terrible hangover in the morning.

I'm unsure if I'm imagining things (I probably am seeing as I'm about 5 minutes in to this attempt) but when I was looking in the mirror before, I'm sure my waist is more defined (I know that areas been working when I run, I must have a rubbish running (ha ha, rather jogging) technique as my waist pulls like crazy and has a proper muscular ache afterwards). Far too soon to see any changes though, I must just not have looked at my waist properly for ages!

Last edited:
Slight loss again today, down to 147.4kg. Not feeling great today after the wine last night and gave in to the chocolate orange this morning, but I'm feeling fine about it. I rarely drink so it's not going to be a regular occurrence.

Back