Lozzaboo's Induction Diary- Advice Appreciated

Lozzaboo2004

Ok so decided I might be more successful if I do a diary and keep a note of everything and let everyone see it! I will put what im eating/drinking, how I'm feeling, mood etc.

Background on me is that I am 28yrs old, 5ft 3 and weighing about 10.9st :( will do official weight on monday. Did Atkins about 4 weeks ago and lost 4lb in first week then let it slide due to peer pressure more than anything. I surprised myself with how I felt on it. I wasnt too unwell this time like i had been before. Was eating too many of the atkins bars as I thought they were low carb and suitable when actually they arent in induction. I do struggle with veg so I find myself forcing myself to eat it.

In my normal life I work shifts, live on carbs and sweets and fizzy juice! The Atkins is a massive change for me but in the short time I did it I have to say I felt good after a few days and it did click with me but I still let myself down!

Id love anyone who has anything to say on my diary etc to feel free. Any advice is great and if im going wrong Id rather know!

Will start on monday.

Hi Lozzaboo and welcome

It's a bit quiet here on the weekends, but the forum members are lovely and have lots of great advice :)

It's a great idea to put your menus down here, and a lot of people also track their food in my fitness pal (online). Re veg, we've got lots of great veg ideas to help you - the more green veg you can eat, the more it will help with weight loss - plus lots of water! I love making cauliflower rice (grate half a head, then zap it for about 7-8 mins, lovely with curries), wilted spinach and sauteed cabbage :)

All the best, and good luck for tomorrow!

Susie

Thanks a lot for your reply! The my fitness pal app is brill I've started using it. I actually just had a look at the carb content in some of the stuff I like such as green beans, lettuce and cucumber. There is a higher carb content than I thought so maybe I am eating an ok amount xx

Posting menus is a great idea, that way it keeps you on track and people can offer tips and hints. I posted mine daily for months! Welcome to the diary section!

Ok. Day one and probably the worst day I could have started diary wise. I was nightshift all weekend and finished at 7am this morning. I had a migraine so ended up sleeping most of day and hardly ate! I basically only had some scan Swedish meatballs with some cheese only because I knew I had to have something. Migraines don't do much for my appetite. I ask drank water. Rest assured this isn't how I usually do Atkins just an off day but didn't give in to my chocolate craving that my migraine gives me!! Also hormonal this week so should be interesting haha xx

Ok day 2 I had:

Breakfast- 2 eggs scrambled, 2 bits bacon an 2 sausages(3.0g for 2)

Lunch-I had some ready cooked chicken

Dinner- turkey steaks cooked in oven with mayonnaise and some cheese on top with lettuce cucumber ad green beans on the side.

I drank about 2 litres water, 500ml was flavoured no sugar etc.

Sounds good Lozza - but see if you can get some more green veg in there - try sauteeing cabbage (you can add as much butter as you want!) or spinach and mushrooms in cream :)

Thanks lady Felsham. Day 3 was same breakfast as day 2, lunch was the turkey steaks left over from day before with greens beans and lettuce. Dinner was really just a snack of cooked chicken and cucumber (strange I know) drank plenty water again.

I've not been that hungry but that's been more down to how I've been feeling with migraine etc. I also know I neeeeed to eat more veg its def my downfall. I've never tried cabbage. I know, shocking! I'll get it tried.

I also did a 60 minute circuits class.

Feel tired but ok.

I had a bit of a craving yesterday so had some cream with cocoa powder and Splenda. Only a small amount but seen it on a thread x

Ok day 4- same breakfast, lunch was meatballs and cheese only 5 meatballs and I counted the carbs. Dinner was steak with small bit if chopped tomato as a sauce (counted) and a large amount of salad an green beans. Snack I had some cooked chicken. Had a slight sweet craving yesterday but managed through.

Questions: is it bad to have same breakfast every day? Is sugar free jelly ok as a treat now and again?? Thanks xx

Back