LT Hello from Bermuda

Hello! I did post in the newbie section but seeing as my diet is LT, I thought I would post here too. I am British, originally from London, but have lived out here in Bermuda for the last three years. Finding this site was a godsend. After putting on nearly 3 stone in 3 years, with the help of FedEx and my Mum, I am now back on LT. God knows how I got to this weight, but copious amounts of everything (apart from healthy eating and exercise lol) probably didn't help!! Anyway, I am finding it very lonely out here doing LT. No one understands it here and therefore I have no support - which is where this site comes in!
When I feel down, I read your messages and I feel stronger again and it gives me hope and encouragement.
Anyway, just thought I would say hello as this is only my second day on LT and hope its ok I joined :)

Hey BG.
This site is pretty amazing. LT isnt easy at the best of times but I hope you can stick to it.

Any queries just ask, im sure someone is always around to help :) xxx

Hello & Welcome!

You're right, this forum is an absolute godsend! Good luck getting through your first week which can be quite tough. If your ever struggling or need guidance, just come on here and there will always be someone around to help!

Clair x

Welcome and fingers cross for you!

Hi BG! You've definitely come to the right place for support! There are very few of us who have any support outside of the pharmacy. As a general rule friends and family don't really understand why we feel the need to take such extreme measures. Obviously there are exceptions - my husband was supportive of me but at the same time couldn't possibly understand what it was like. Come to think of it most of the pharmacy people we see haven't done it themselves either so there's absolutley no need to feel isolated. (Hmmmmm - have to say I wouldn't mind seeing what it was like to feel isolated in Bermuda though ;) lol :))

This is exactly where we get our support, get questions answered and opinions on things and you're no different.

Thanks for joining in and I look forward to seeing how you get on. You've obviously done it before so you know it works and you know you can do it!!!! :) xx

Ohhhh what lovely responses all of you! Thank you everyone so far. Today was a bit hard - fourth day in, someone offered me something at work and it was in my mouth before I even thought about it - I was so shocked - I was OMG, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!!! I felt like I had violated myself lol. It makes me wonder how many times I have done that as trust me, no one would ever starve in our office. I feel ok now though, and I don't feel it has affected me too much. Certainly will be taking more care. Can't wait for my first week weigh in - did a unofficial weigh today and after 4 days, have lost 7lbs, so can't wait to see what another 3 days will bring. Anyway guys, hope all is well wherever you are and speak soon!
BG
x

Hey BG,

Very best of luck with the programme and welcome to the site. It's strange how easily we just automatically put things in our mouths I have found cooking for hubby very difficult because I always cook by 'taste' and it has been so hard not to put my finger in the sauce!

I had a real panic last week as I started to lick an envelope to seal it. I was terror stricken that something in the glue would knock me out of ketosis so ended up spitting in the sink like a mad woman! I hope your slip hasn't set you back at all, but hey, 7lb already? Fanstastic.
All the very best to you. xXx

All the best of luck - this really is the best place to get all the advice you need!

Back