Lucky 2013

lemonblondie

Silver Member
So I am about to go on an adventure with this, and have had success in the past.

I had to put my dog down two weeks ago and with Christmas at the same time, I thought screw this I'm going to eat myself stupid and start again in the new year. So I have eaten myself stupid to the point where I couldn't even think of eating another crisp or junk food which is good! I'm impressed, I didn't gain as much weight as I could have, but gained enough for me to notice my jeans feeling a bit tighter then they did a few weeks ago.

I've looked up a bunch of syns for the foods I eat so that I have a handy reference. I also know from past experience that I'm a green day person as when I eat meat I put weight on instantly so I know meat is not something for me, plus I'm not fussed about eating it anyways (which is a good thing in this case!). I can't figure out for the life of me EE days, but by the looks of it doesn't really matter as contains me which I'm trying to avoid anyways. I love my pasta, rice, and veg so I can live off of that.

Now my only problem is I would love to get the books, and the meetings near me are all on days that I can't do or at wrong times during the days that I can do. I think someone is out to sabotage me before I even begin. I do have the basic plan, but I would love some proper books so I can look things up and have a good foundation as I'm morel likely to stick to it. Hmm would I be able to call up the consultant and buy for the books without going to a meeting? Would I be able to get up enough courage to even call (I'm terribly shy so calling is difficult let alone thinking about going to a meeting even if I could find one that suits me!)

Pressure is on about things before I even begin, but will figure it out!

I sort of started this yesterday with a bit of badness since it was the last day to be a pig. I lost 2.6 lbs from yesterday and 5.2 since the beginning of the week. Now I know what most of that was and it was me not eating any meat as I had gained about 2lbs from eating sausages. I should have started counting from the beginning of the week, as it makes it look really good weight loss, but I will be honest and be counting from today even though I know I lost that much before I fully started!

Today is a new year and a supposedly unlucky one since we are sitting on 13. I don't think it will be unlucky for me as I always seem to go against the odds for doing things when I'm not supposed to be going against the odds. Sort of like 9 out of 10 dentists recommend....I'm usually that 1 dentist that disagrees (not that I'm a dentist, but you get the point). This year will be lucky and will help see me through all the past baggage and rubbish that has happened and why I've gained weight and kept it on.

I woke up and did an hour of yoga as I'm going to an osteopath at the moment because of a really bad back and she said it would help to realign me. I found some great free videos from doyogawithme.com and found out how broken I am, but I'm sure that will get better from being crunched by Lisa and working with yoga. I'll also be starting back to my bum tums and thighs class in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to it funnily enough. My foot which has severe plantar fasciittis is almost at the point where I might consider going back to running soon which I never thought I would enjoy but did and I'm itching to get back to it again.

I've had my super big breakfast which is something I don't usually do as I'm more of a cereal or yoghurt fruit person but I did enjoy it and will see how long it keeps me full. I'm hoping till lunch time as I'll be having my full roast dinner, with a little chicken and heavy on the veg. It will include all the yummy naughties like stuffing and cranberry sauce and I can't wait. The rest of the veg I'll more then likely have for tea, and the chicken will be again tomorrow etc until it is gone which shouldn't take long as it's only small and when I get bored I can freeze the rest.

I have been looking around at posts that people have commented on and found myself looking at their start weight, current weight and how long it has taken the person to get there. I'm very impressed with all the weight loss and especially interested in people that are around my weight and trying to get near my goal weight. It's very inspiring that if these real people can do it so can I if I follow what I'm supposed to be doing.

I've found some very lovely people and helpful as well so far which is really nice when you are new. It's good to know that if I want to falter I might come across some very motivating and encouraging people. It's nice to feel like I fit in even though I don't know anyone and this is pretty anonymous.

I look forward to meeting lots more of you wonderful inspiring people and making lots of friends.

Happy Hogmanay!

so woke up this morning and did my yoga. Found a very good one for lower back, hamstrings and hips so very slowly stretching out the issues I have.

Eat a big breakfast and made soup. Now normally I can't make soup to save my life and I do mean that. When I make soup it never tastes of anything regardless of how much onion, garlic, chilli etc I add. Then realised I wasn't adding enough salt so that has helped things, I only add salt usually to eggs.

Soup actually tasted nice for once and I am impressed. Enough salt and think the ginger and allspice made the roasted squash and sweet potatoes taste very good.

I've only used half my syn as well and don't really feel the need to have anything else at the moment. If I do I might have some more soup, now there's something I don't usually say!

Two 100% days so far, keep them coming

I think I am going insane. I am full and haven't had any syns today which is fine. The thing I have noticed in the last couple of days is that I crave something sweet, so I eat muller greek yoghurt and I had a mini green and black's chocolate bar.

I've been filling up on veg (steamed or roasted) so they are fairly soft, yoghurt-soft, salad-soft, cream cheese-soft. The only crunchy thing I've had is ryvita and all I want to do now is crunch something. I'm going to have a packet of walkers baked crips to see if that sorts it, but my teeth want to gnash something.

I think I am going insane. I am full and haven't had any syns today which is fine. The thing I have noticed in the last couple of days is that I crave something sweet, so I eat muller greek yoghurt and I had a mini green and black's chocolate bar.

I've been filling up on veg (steamed or roasted) so they are fairly soft, yoghurt-soft, salad-soft, cream cheese-soft. The only crunchy thing I've had is ryvita and all I want to do now is crunch something. I'm going to have a packet of walkers baked crips to see if that sorts it, but my teeth want to gnash something.

why not give the syn free dips a try? they are on the website, you could cut up some raw carrot stick and dip them into be nice and crunchy :)

Funny as that is what I ended up doing, but I made my own dip instead. I find that I need something crunchy like ryvita or the like for some odd reason, but at least I know it's an issue so can keep an eye on it so I don't choose something bad.

I weigh myself tomorrow and I am pretty sure the scales aren't going to show a loss or won't show much. This is the week before totm and I always gain 5lbs exactly so I'm not expecting to see any difference. The difference will come in two weeks time then I will know where I am actually at.

This week has been sort of difficult in trying to stay away from chocolate even though I have lots of little green and black bars, I'd rather not give into temptation and try to solve my sweet tooth issue with something else. So i made low syn (because of the juice) rice pudding and that seems to helping.

The other thing that I find difficult is when do I know I am full? My brain has never been good at telling my stomach, more to the point my stomach probably doesn't tell my brain it's full. I'm getting better at this though, if I think I am full I stop, and if in half and hour I'm still hungry then I'll have something else. So far I've been good at figuring out that I was full. I think in the long run this is what is going to keep me going, if I can figure out the amount I need to eat I can then adjust things rather than just stuffing myself.

it's all the little lessons that go along with the plan, I don't find the plan difficult at all as this is the way I usually eat anyways I just need to weigh some things or measure some things that I wouldn't have done so before. It will be a week tomorrow and over all I haven't had any major issues other than the sweet tooth and wanting to crunch things. All in all I think that is pretty good

I have eaten and eaten and eaten all day. I stuffed myself with yoghurt, fruit, drinks, meals, snacks, I'm still hungry. I really want a bag of crisps, but if I do that I'll be over my syns for the day. Grrrrrrr, 6 days till totm and I can't wait as then I'll stop eating. Please tell me I'm not the only that goes through this.

So it's been basically 4 weeks and I was doing really well the first week so had high hopes for the following weeks. Then I did something silly and was buying low fat yoghurt and eating it like crazy thinking for some odd reason that it was syn free. Sooooooooooo silly of me so I gained what I lost back and managed after 4 weeks of following 100% to lose 1lb.

I find it rather annoying in one sense that I could have spent basically the last 4 weeks having nice treats etc and not paying attention, but didn't and ended up sabotaging myself by accident and undid everything. On the other hand it is sort of funny in that I did a silly mistake and it shows that you can become complacent and what damage a little mistake like that can actually do.

I am taking it as a lesson, and pretending the last month didn't happen SWwise

I'm doing a post grad in Psychology and one course I am taking at the moment is Physiology of behaviour. The last two lectures have been about eating and it's funny as I see a lot of the issues brought up in the lectures on the board itself which I find quite fascinating.

One section we were talking about is dieting and the theories behind weight loss/gain. The thing about the lectures that struck me is that our bodies have an optimal bmi which is between 18-22. Anything under 18 and women stop menstruating which causes no babies so have to be at least 18 for procreation and anything over 22 is detrimental to being able to hunt/gather. Don't forget these have been set in our genes by ancestors many generations ago so trying to hunt weighing more then 22 bmi points is not going to work very well. Everything functions optimally at this ideal weight range

The other thing that I found interesting is the dieting is that dieters speak about food more so then anyone else. That if you put a few people that are not on a diet in a room conversation doesn't tend to go towards 'what's for tea' or 'what did you have for lunch' these types of questions are usually among people who diet. You can find all sorts of those threads on here as people that are on a diet are consciously or unconsciously preoccupied with food.

There is also a 'what the hell' and that is the cause of yo yoing. You can be good for days, weeks, months, but sooner or later something (usually alcohol, low mood, other people eating, and eventually your own eating habits from before the diet) will cause you to slip and you go 'what the hell' I'll take the diet back up on Monday and either go back to plan and start again and hit a 'what the hell' sooner or later or you abandon the diet because old eating habits will never really die because you miss x, y, z.

Apparently there are two theories about weight and that eventually regardless of what theory, your body will go back to where it has 'set' itself hence why people have a tendency to go back to where they were originally or gain more because their body thought it was starving and doesn't want to do that again.

One thing also mentioned was the fact that some people eat and eat and eat and never gain or gain very little. This is actually due to being fidgety. As people that constantly can't sit still are burning those calories etc in short bursts which is even better then working out. Explains why my father and sister are thin as they are always moving and can't sit still for very long, whereas I'll plan on doing 10 things in a row all at once rather then one thing, and sit down, get up do one thing, come back and do another thing way down the hall, come back and do another and so on.

That was very short and missing lots of information, but generally what is thought to be happening with weight.

It got me thinking, if our bodies have set themselves then what is the point of trying to lose weight when our bodies want to get back to where they set themselves? Is there any point in trying to lose weight if that is the case? If there is a 'what the hell' people are going to have to be very conscious forever once they lose the weight of falling into the alcohol, eating what they did before the diet trap.

I did a no no this morning, I weighed myself before official WI on Tuesday. There was method to my madness though. I've been having trouble with the eating plan as simply yoyoing for the last month basically and couldn't figure out why. I thought it was the fact I was using low fat yoghurt as fat free, but don't think that is the case as 100g had 0.5 syns so I didn't add that many extra given 3 weeks.

Then I thought maybe it was the fact I was eating tons of corn and couccous and maybe one or the other or both were helping to keep the weight on. So I gave up both for a bit and realised it was not either of them. I decided to investigate my food diary (which comes in handy for things like this) to see what I had done different from week one where I lost 3.5 lbs and the rest of the weeks where I lost/gained everything between them. I came up with the possibility that the only difference between that week and the rest was I had eaten a bit more chicken left over from New Years as a hexb.

Decided to try one last thing before I tried eating EE as that was the other thing (I only do green) that I was leaning towards before officially going mad. I added that allowance of meat to my plan to see if that was the difference. Over the last couple of days I felt my jeans beginning to get a bit bigger in the area of the backs of my legs near my butt. Thought either I was thinking things, or it was working and the only way to figure out which was true was to weigh myself, so I did.

I have lost so far 2.4lbs which is going in the right direction finally. So mystery solved! I have to have a bit more meat for green to work for me.

Moral of the story, don't give up there is a reason for not losing weight when you know you should. You might have to be a bit of a detective and come up with some possibilities and try each one in turn to find out. Again, this is where a food diary comes in handy so if you don't do one either online or in a jotter then I suggest starting one so you can go back and look to see where problems or good things might be coming from to be able to optimise them or get rid of them.

So after much head scratching and trying different possibilities, I think I have found what I need to do so official plan now fully underway! Onwards to a skinny healthy me!

So figured out that in order to lose more weight I have to increase my protein allowance which I am allowed to have (113g of chicken for example). Once I started doing this the weight is now coming off obviously my body needs to use it to burn away the fat.

I am going away on a conference over the weekend so I have 4 meals in total most of which I can hopefully control in hexs and syns, but I am saving up some syns just in case as I know the food is super yummy in the hotel I'll be staying at. On the plus side, I have noticed in the last few days especially that the amount of food I was eating say a month ago is too much. I've found my stomach just isn't happy with that amount so I'll have to consciously remember to cut down before my tummy gets sore, good thing given this weekend.

Right back from conference and didn't do too bad, any bad stuff (cake!) I ate I then did 30 day shred so hoping that cut down on some of the fats/sugar. I'll be back to proper no sweets for a while as there is nothing that I can honestly think of that is coming up that will require cake.

Hoping that haven't gained tons over the last few days and if so then so be it. This is a plan for life, and I'm allowed to go stupid every so often.

So it is almost 4 months into this and I've lost.....4 lbs. I've followed green 100% everyday which I don't get (yes I weigh and measure everything) it's very discouraging seeing everyone lose decent amounts and I lose pretty much nothing every week. All the effort for the last 12 weeks has amounted to basically nothing.

Figured I'd get my head around EE and try that see if that helps, but at this point in time I'm thinking it won't as why should it? Slightly bad attitude to have, but maybe I'll be proven wrong which would be nice.

Anyways see how I do on this plan otherwise might have to seriously think about what is going on.

So it is almost 4 months into this and I've lost.....4 lbs. I've followed green 100% everyday which I don't get (yes I weigh and measure everything) it's very discouraging seeing everyone lose decent amounts and I lose pretty much nothing every week. All the effort for the last 12 weeks has amounted to basically nothing.

Figured I'd get my head around EE and try that see if that helps, but at this point in time I'm thinking it won't as why should it? Slightly bad attitude to have, but maybe I'll be proven wrong which would be nice.

Anyways see how I do on this plan otherwise might have to seriously think about what is going on.

Perhaps you have a wheat intolerance or are particularly carb sensitive? What sort of things are you eating? Do you have much to lose? Have you tried a red day?

thanks for replying. No no sensitivities that I know of and carbs are good to. I'm now losing weight and I think when getting down to it, it was simply the extra hexs that I would never normally be having. So my body was enjoying the extras, a bit too much for my liking.

I've started to lose with EE finally, which is nice. Slow but steady.

Over the last week or so I'm feeling fuller faster, so will have to start cutting down on the size of portions I think. I had written down my hexs for two days straight and didn't have them as was too full (plus I forgot figuring it was being full that did it). I'm full again so will probably rewrite my diary and take out 10 syns as I don't think I could eat them at the moment.

In some ways I feel thin, as I think my body is slowly changing. Then there are days when I feel like I retaining water and therefore feel fat. I drink lots during the day just having in my head fat days. Something tells me I haven't lost anything this week and I could be wrong. I like We'll see on Tuesday. If not then will cut down on portion size and see how that goes.

Back