Lucy's Atkins Diary :)

We have a fish called Shaggy! x

Morning Lucy, are chickens escape artists then?

Oh... I hope you find the chook soon :)

Morning Lucy, are chickens escape artists then?

This one certainly is Jim. Not only did she get over the fence the first day, she was trying to climb a tree in their enclosure too! I keep getting flashbacks of the film Chicken Run...

Have you found the escapee yet?

No luck Lisa. I've walked around all the gardens I can get to down my way looking and listening out for her, but no good :(. I've been sort of hoping someone will pop her back over the fence, but think that would have happened by now.

Oh... I hope you find the chook soon :)

Thanks Di :)

Morning Lucy :)

Morning Di!

Another day at work so not much to report, just that I've had a delish tea... cod and prawns fried in garlic butter with a heap of cabbage (drizzled with garlic butter) mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

Sounds 'lish Lucy! :)

Hi Di and Bren :) No sign of Shaggy, I think someone's got themselves a free chicken :/ The other 2 are getting on fine tho, an egg each every day.
Anything exciting on this Sunday? X

They won't do more than one a day, but I'll still have to get a couple more to keep up with my egg usage, it seems silly to keep chickens yet still have to buy eggs!

I always thought you needed a cock to make the hens lay, I'm obviously wrong there

Oh that's not good Lucy! But great that you're getting an egg a day from the others! :)

Hi eggy lucy:D. V sorry to hear about the missing one, but glad the others are laying:)
Xx

Oh that's not good Lucy! But great that you're getting an egg a day from the others! :)

Thanks Di! :)

I always thought you needed a cock to make the hens lay, I'm obviously wrong there

Evening Jim, I think the cock is just if you want to breed them :D.

Hi eggy lucy:D. V sorry to hear about the missing one, but glad the others are laying:)
Xx

Hi Kat1e, they're very good, put themselves to bed at night and everything! :)

Another busy day at work today, work again tomorrow. Actually counting down the days until the kids go back to school now - they're bored and bickering ALL the time :mad: Otherwise, all's good.

Hi Suze! I'm still catching up - I hadn't expected them to start laying so soon and had a dozen shop-bought eggs already which I'm getting through first. I did eat their first ones tho :D

Work again today, not much to report. Tomorrow looks like being another expensive day - I blew my lawnmower up last week (possibly asking a little too much of it :eek:) so must replace it, and my son seems to have grown out of ALL of his jeans/trousers/jumpers in a very short space of time. Off to town tomorrow then...

Shaggy's Home!!! :D :D

Yes, the wanderer returns! My neighbour phoned to say she was in her garden, so 10 minutes of me chasing her and stalking her through hedges, now she's back in the coop with her sisters :D If anyone was there with a camera I'll definitely be on You've Been Framed soon, but I'm really pleased she's back, I thought we'd lost her :D

Back