Lucy's Atkins Diary :)

Morning Lucy well done for clinging on! :)

Afternoon Lucy:) hope you are having a great weekend
Xx

Afternoon Kat1e! I've caught up on a few jobs today - put up new mirror in bathroom, mucked up screwing the stands onto a firescreen (they didn't put enough screws in, and it's my first drill :eek:!!!), had daughter's hair cut and got the chicken's supplies. Time to chill now :) x

Morning Lucy, how's things today love

Morning all :) Slipped again last night :( I don't seem to just fall off the wagon, but bounce off the road and halfway down the hill too. Can't dwell on it though, just start again today.

Lucy, you need to identify the situation where you slip up and try and avoid them if you can

Evenings in alone Jim. Impossible to avoid unfortunately!
I've tried all sorts of distraction techniques but when the urge to binge occurs it's like a mist descending, so hard to see past. Any common sense or damage limitation goes out the window. I know if I can stop listening immediately I have a chance, and I do most of the time, but sometimes it just follows me, always whispering in the back of my mind. God I sound mental :eek:! I know it sounds like I'm making excuses, I suppose I am really, but it's like an addiction - that's the only way I can describe it. An itch that drives you mad until you scratch it, once you scratch you can't stop and you end up feeling sore!
Sorry to any unsuspecting passers-by that have stopped in on my diary looking for some motivation, I'm not asking for answers or magic wands but I have to put how I'm feeling out there somewhere. It's strange that I don't although I don't talk to friends about it I can offload such personal stuff to people I've never met :). Sometimes I feel that I shouldn't post my slip-ups as it's not what anyone wants to hear, but it is the way it is.
Anyway, back to my painting now, brightening up my living room with a couple of white walls (they were all dark red, lovely colour but very gloomy). I want to get a second coat on before school time.

Hmm, do you have plenty of legal snacks in Lucy, may be that'll help love

Is there anything legal that you would consider a treat? I used to split a sf jelly and cream with DH when i got the evening nibblies. Better than alternatives Also couldnt have survived if we hadnt cleared most of the kitchen out (except DDs cupboard)
Good luck

Thanks Jim and Kat1e, I really appreciate your help.
So, a bit morose yesterday!! I blame it on the full moon, I always get a bit weird then.
I am taking a practical approach. It seems I get a bit panicky in the evenings when carbs approach 20g which sets off the unease, so I'm upping carbs to 25g. Not strictly OWL guidelines and it seems a bit simplistic, but I'll see how it goes. All good yesterday, feeling positive today (and my paintwork is getting there - looking good but will probably need 3 coats :|). Work today :)

Morning Lucy, yes that might work love, give it a go

OooohI have been that person Lucy.... I used to eat my way out of house & home in legal snacks & then would finally cave into the illegal thing I fancied in the first place... it does get easier & its finding the thing that does as a substitute that works for you, dark chocolate &/or diet pepsi eventually filled the void for me.

Hope you've got back on track ok. x

Evening Lucy:)
Hopefully a better day!
Xx

OooohI have been that person Lucy.... I used to eat my way out of house & home in legal snacks & then would finally cave into the illegal thing I fancied in the first place... it does get easier & its finding the thing that does as a substitute that works for you, dark chocolate &/or diet pepsi eventually filled the void for me.

Hope you've got back on track ok. x

Thanks Linz. That's just it - if you've something "bad" in mind you can eat any amount of "allowed" things and that bad thing is still there lurking! Tonight I've satisfied a major chocolate craving with my cream allowance mixed with a little cocoa and splenda - WOW!

Good luck with the 25g target xxx

Thanks Bren - up to the limit but I'm going to bed now out of harm's way!

Evening Lucy:)
Hopefully a better day!
Xx

Yes Kat1e, your tip made me think about alternative treats (see above). Though I think my pork scratching addiction has lost me part of a filling :eek:

Going to bed with a book, very happy I kept on track :) xxx

Another thing... I discovered the joy that is kale sauteed in garlic butter with a baked salmon fillet tonight - how had I not tried doing that before??!! If you cook it long enough it's almost like Chinese seaweed (without the sugar) - deeeeeeeeeeeeeelish :D

Morning Lucy, yes I like kale, I do a lamb mince and kale fry up quite often, loaded down with Garlic and a dash or two of Worcester, it's yummy love

Sometimes I feel that I shouldn't post my slip-ups as it's not what anyone wants to hear, but it is the way it is.

Of course you should post this stuff Lucy! We may be a bunch of strangers but we're all here for the same aim - to support each other and try and find workable solutions to issues like this.

I get similar cravings at night, although perhaps not to the degree that you do. I've never been strong on the willpower front and give in to the little voice that urges me to have a chocolate or a drink or whatever.

On way or another we will do our best to help you with it xxx

Back