Lulu's thoughts and ramblings..

Lulu1964

Hi everyone and thanks for stopping by :)

i only discovered this section of the forum a few days ago, and kind of wish that I had seen it at the start of my journey... But hey, I'm only 2 weeks in, so it doesn't seem toooooo late...

So, I'm Lulu, and I'm a serial yoyo dieter.. I have 6 stone to lose (again :() having lost it all before at least 3 or 4 times. (Well possibly slightly less before, the huge number at the start seems to go up each time of course!) I get so irritated with myself that I work so very hard to lose the flab, look and feel great, my confidence increases... And as soon as I hit goal all my good habits and intentions go out of the window and those pounds pile on again... I sometimes wonder if I actually need to have my head examined!

i don't like myself when I'm so big, I have no confidence at all. I'm single, and have been for the longest time.. My confidence seems to be directly proportional to my weight, I'm fine at work, but in my social life I have become almost a hermit. I moved to a new area two years ago for work, away from all my friends and family and have made little or no effort to go out and meet people and make friends because I am embarrassed about the way I look and feel that I have nothing to offer anyone...

Ooh that was depressing... Sorry about that.

I have two adorable twin grandsons who will be 2 next week. Unfortunately I only get to see them once a month or so, and I so want to be a fab grandma who does all sorts of fun and funky stuff with them instead of worrying about how much my back hurts or how little energy I have...

And so, this is the very very last diet I am going to do. I am going to get this weight off once and for all, not put it back on and actually go out and live my life!

I'm aiming to get to goal by the summer, feeling good and feeling strong right now! Ive just had my second week's weigh in, and so far I have lost 14.5lbs which I am so happy with.

I look forward to chatting and getting to know you all during our journeys towards a better and slimmer life...

Hello :)

Well done on your loss so far u r doing amazing! And confidence will come the more pounds u shed x

Hey Lulu!

I also have about 6 stones to lose! So we can help eachother along.

How are you finding it so far?

Hey ladies,

thanks and hi! Geegee would love to help each other along...I'm doing really well actually. I'm rarely hungry and when I am a glass of water or my next pack seems to sort me out..

the last time I did a VLCD was lighter life a few years ago, which is even stricter than this one... And I find if I eat my veggies that I totally feel like I'm cheating even tho I'm not! So what I have been doing mainly is sticking to the shakes, which I like hot, and only have a meal pack type thing with some veggies a couple of times a week. It sort of tricks my brain into thinking that I've cheated and helps keep me on track! :D

In the past when I've done WW the night after weigh in was always cheat night... And last night after WI I decided to have a protein meal... I think im right in thinking we can swop from 3 packs + protein to 4 packs and back quite freely?? So I had an omelette... Loveliest omelette I've had in ages! Even if it wasn't dripping in cheese ha!

anyway.. Feeling good today. How are you all doing?

Hi lulu! Just want to say good luck on your journey! I managed to Lose almost 4 stone on s&s so it can be done!! :)

I agree, I did lipotrim a few yrs Bk and it was sooo much stricter! S&s is brill compared to other vlcd, much more variety and flavour and of course u can have protein and veg!!

Have a fab day xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aww thank you stef! You have done so brilliantly! 5 stone gone already?! You are well on your way. Well done! X

Omlette sounds delicious! I was thinking of having a protein meal now and again, but worried it'll send me off track and eating stuff I shouldn't.. no reason why it would but I'm just scared lol.

I tried to do LL about a year ago, but my doctor said no and they wouldn't sign my forms.. I think if they had I would have lost the weight as I was so determined.

Hope you are getting on okay, day 11 for me today and I feel less hungry each day!

Hey everyone... Wow such a busy weekend! Haven't had time to read the forum since yesterday morning...

But I'm buzzing... I've got so much energy I'm not really sure what to do with it all! :)

Had a bit of a dilemma yesterday tho, I normally try and space my packs out so that they are roughly every four hours during the day, (8/12/4/8ish) but yesterday by the time I thought about my 4pm pack it was about 7.30! I had one then, but was then worried about having the 4th. I know that I have seen people on the forum talking about having them too close together can knock you out of ketosis (and I really really don't want that to happen!) and I'm not sure if there is a time limit as to how late you can have one before bed... You know like eating in RL after 8pm or something. So I ended up not having it... I know that's not a good thing to do tho but I didn't want to do the wrong thing by having it too close together or too late....

so of course this morning I was definitely ready for that shake!! What do other people do in that situation?

so, I can't believe it's Monday already tomorrow... Why do the weekends go so very fast and the weeks not... Shame we can't switch them round really and have a 5 day weekend ha!

hope everyone is doing really well and staying strong xx

oh my goodness, i am so flipping cold today... i know that the weather is cold, and that of course is probably the main reason, but i think having to drink all this water is definitely not helping! so wish that i could stomach black coffee... oh well only about half an hour and i can have a shake..

On a better note, i think that i am definitely sleeping better now that im getting all my nutrients.. just goes to show how these things affect you doesnt it? i dont wake up feeling half dead and i definitely have more energy to tackle the day!

just wish i could warm up... do you suppose they would mind if i sit in the office with a fluffy blanket wrapped round me?! :D

Hope everyone is doing ok xx

Haha, take a wooly hat in with you :D

I've strangely not felt cold on this diet, I get the horrible breath tho! arghh!

oh yes agreed the breath is pretty rank isnt it, and something i am terribly aware of most of the time! i find that it is worse after coffee, which im not having terribly often, but everynow and again, i do have to resort to chewing a wrigley's extra sugar free gum... xx

Lucky for me, I only see the boyfriend mostly as I work from home.. so I don't have to worry too much.

I just keep thinking, it's not forever :eek:

A relatively happy accident this evening! Decided to have cauliflower rice (whoever invented that deserves some kind of medal by the way :)) with a mac and cheese pack. I've only had this once before and it was delicious. So I was looking forward to it.

Not quite sure what happened when mixing. I am sure last time I had it, I added 200ml of water after reading that on the forum somewhere.. So either I dredged that number incorrectly out of my brain, or got distracted and automatically measured 300ml of water as that is what I normally mix the shakes with... So it was much much runnier than last time... However I poured it over the cauli and mixed it all up... And the result was a really rather pleasant soup with cauliflower bits in it! I know that probably sounds horrible, but it was actually quite nice... And just what I needed to finally warm me up today!

hope you are all doing well this evening too xx

@ Gee... How come the doctor wouldn't sign you off for LL last year? That seems very short sighted to me... I don't think it really matters HOW you lose the weight, (apart from silly crash diets of course!) it's doing something and what you do at the end of it that counts... Luckily I had a very supportive doctor when I did LL...

I have to admit that it's worrying me already how I will keep it off at the end after my past history.. They had "counselling" at LL, but we had a leader with a seriously annoying voice and it seemed a bit new agey to me, so I'm not sure i really took it all that seriously.... my mistake huh! But I will read the beck book and start formulating a plan for after... Plenty of time to think about it after all! :D Xx

Back