Lumps!

MsV

Hi all. I'm on day 3 of SS and worked it out so I would be at home for any moodiness and upset I may have. I've just made my morning hot mint chocolate and got extremely frustrated with the lumps. At home I can blend them out, but what does everyone do when they are at work to get the lumps out. Maybe a silly question, but it will do my head in for 3 months! Thanks x

I used the shaker which got most of them out, but when I was able to switch to bars I took them to work instead and it was much easier. The shaker does well but you have to shake for ages and really hard!!

i used to have a mug that had an electric wisk in the bottom for blending hot stuff and a protien shaker for cold stuff

I didn't buy the shaker, but think I will get one today - I suppose it's a good one to work those muscles! I love the idea of a mug with an attached whisk! I was thinking about the bars, but doesn't it make it harder as it's over too quickly?

I tend to neck the shakes a lot quicker than the bars. I only use the shakes for mousse these days. Soup lasts me the longest though.

Interesting! I had the butterscotch shake for breakfast y'day and it was too sickly, but I found that freezing the bricks and eating it like ice-cream was lovely. I am loving the soups though. I bought myself a big fat tea mug (you know the ones you can eat cereal in) and had my soup in that y'day lunch and dinner and it took a while.
I might try get one of those milk frother things - that might work the lumps out like a mini blender.

I just used to take tetras or bars while at work but have now bought a handblender for work as 3 of us are doing it - haven't used it yet though as I'm still in tetra mode!

I bought one of these and I have to say it does the job.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BATTERY-DRINK...xers?hash=item1c0c11392a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

The only thing you need to be cautious about is if you put too much hot water in at once as it creates quite a whirlpool. I learnt the hard way and ended up with hot mushroom soup all over my hand and my car. Not a pleasant experience.

Now I add just a bit of water at a time, make a paste kind of thing with smaller volumes, then add the water. I was using a smaller cup in the car and so made up about 3 cups like this. Now I use a thermos and it works perfectly for the whole thing.

Someone on here said the beater wasn't suitable as it is designed for creating froth, not blending but I have no complaints about it. I only wanted something cheap and cheerful.

I brought a cheap shaker that was on offer in boots a couple of months ago. However the problem I had was I had to shake it so much I would make the shake warm, even when using refridgerated water ~ eww. So have gone back to tetra's for work :D

I might go with the blender as there are 3 of us on food replacement diets at work now, so it would be worth it. Oh the choices the choices! Thanks guys! xx

Back