Lumps!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by MsV, 22 August 2009 Social URL.

1. MsV

MsV Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.92%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Hi all. I'm on day 3 of SS and worked it out so I would be at home for any moodiness and upset I may have. I've just made my morning hot mint chocolate and got extremely frustrated with the lumps. At home I can blend them out, but what does everyone do when they are at work to get the lumps out. Maybe a silly question, but it will do my head in for 3 months! Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kadmus

kadmus Full Member

I used the shaker which got most of them out, but when I was able to switch to bars I took them to work instead and it was much easier. The shaker does well but you have to shake for ages and really hard!!

4. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    i used to have a mug that had an electric wisk in the bottom for blending hot stuff and a protien shaker for cold stuff

5. MsV

MsV Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.92%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I didn't buy the shaker, but think I will get one today - I suppose it's a good one to work those muscles! I love the idea of a mug with an attached whisk! I was thinking about the bars, but doesn't it make it harder as it's over too quickly?

6. lunar jim

lunar jim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.72%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast
    I tend to neck the shakes a lot quicker than the bars. I only use the shakes for mousse these days. Soup lasts me the longest though.

7. MsV

MsV Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.92%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Interesting! I had the butterscotch shake for breakfast y'day and it was too sickly, but I found that freezing the bricks and eating it like ice-cream was lovely. I am loving the soups though. I bought myself a big fat tea mug (you know the ones you can eat cereal in) and had my soup in that y'day lunch and dinner and it took a while.
    I might try get one of those milk frother things - that might work the lumps out like a mini blender.

8. BubblyPenguin

BubblyPenguin Recovering Foodaholic

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I have a cheap hand blender that I keep in work, just as easy to do that and says faffing. It was about £6 i think.

9. minxie

minxie One day at a time!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.76%)
    Diet:
    Low carbs
    I just used to take tetras or bars while at work but have now bought a handblender for work as 3 of us are doing it - haven't used it yet though as I'm still in tetra mode!

10. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Diet:
    Healthy eating, was CD
    I bought one of these and I have to say it does the job.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BATTERY-DRINK...xers?hash=item1c0c11392a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

The only thing you need to be cautious about is if you put too much hot water in at once as it creates quite a whirlpool. I learnt the hard way and ended up with hot mushroom soup all over my hand and my car. Not a pleasant experience.

Now I add just a bit of water at a time, make a paste kind of thing with smaller volumes, then add the water. I was using a smaller cup in the car and so made up about 3 cups like this. Now I use a thermos and it works perfectly for the whole thing.

Someone on here said the beater wasn't suitable as it is designed for creating froth, not blending but I have no complaints about it. I only wanted something cheap and cheerful.

11. ashat

ashat Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I brought a cheap shaker that was on offer in boots a couple of months ago. However the problem I had was I had to shake it so much I would make the shake warm, even when using refridgerated water ~ eww. So have gone back to tetra's for work :D

12. MsV

MsV Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.92%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I might go with the blender as there are 3 of us on food replacement diets at work now, so it would be worth it. Oh the choices the choices! Thanks guys! xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.