Lumps???

yummum2be

Hi!!!

I've finally started!! Yippee!! Just made up my first pack-choc shake as a hot choc but I haven't got a shaker so it was absolutely full of lumps :-( yuck! The taste was lovely but it was the lumps that made me want to heave! Any suggestions as to how I can make the shakes up hot without a shaker and not get lumps??

Thanks

YM2B x

You can't use a shaker if you want it hot anyway as the steam makes it explode! I make the shakes hot using a hand blender - lovely and smooth - yum!

Well done for starting S&S. Lumps are not pleasant if your shake is not blended properly! Do you have an electric whisk? I did try a balloon whisk but you still get some lumps!. I would purchase a shaker bottle and there are many options on ebay or Amazon, they are great for convenience and only takes a few seconds to blend perfectly. If you intend to have shakes as part of your VLCD then I would definately invest in one, it is important to enjoy every meal whatever it may be. Good luck with the plan.

Shaker Bottle - Protein Mixer - PowerBody 700ml. (New!) | eBay

Lucozade Sport 750 ml Shaker Bottle: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

Could you add a small amount of hot water to it, make it into a paste first and smush out any lumps with the back of a spoon, then add the rest of your hot water?

That's how I make hot chocolate usually!

The answer is a milk frother/coffee frother - 99p from Ikea or a couple of quid on eBay. They're battery operated and small enough to pop in your handbag. No lumps and takes literally seconds to mix in the mug itself.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The answer is a milk frother/coffee frother - 99p from Ikea or a couple of quid on eBay. They're battery operated and small enough to pop in your handbag. No lumps and takes literally seconds to mix in the mug itself.

This sounds good, I'd like one of these

I put 100ml cold water in a tub with a lid, add the powder and shake (it will be very thick!) pour it into a microwaveable mug and top up with boiling water, giving it a good stir and micro for 1 min. It's lovely!

Great thanks everyone will try some of those ideas out :) x

I put 100ml cold water in a tub with a lid, add the powder and shake (it will be very thick!) pour it into a microwaveable mug and top up with boiling water, giving it a good stir and micro for 1 min. It's lovely!

dont think you should do thid all the time as i think it would kill some of the vitamins in it! not sure??

emilyj said:
dont think you should do thid all the time as i think it would kill some of the vitamins in it! not sure??

Yep - not a good idea to microwave the packs which aren't normally microwaved - ok occassionally though I guess.

Oops lesson learned! Had no idea thanks for letting me know!

Back