lumpyandbumpydiary

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
hello everyone!

this is my 1st post, diving straight in with a diary! i'm starting CD today, 1st march 2012, sole source. i've ordered 7 choc velvet tetra shakes, 4 choc mint shakes, 2 walnut and toffee and 1 vanilla. also 3 leek and potato soup, 3 veg soup and 1 spicy tomato. although i'm starting today, I tried a tetra shake last night to see what it tasted like! i only ordered the chocolate one and I found it a bit sickly but ok which is good because i wont drink it too quickly then. i'm also going to try freezing it and eating it like a choc ice because i think judging by the taste it'll probably be quite nice in choc ice form!

have drunk a glass of water so far, will up this throughout the day, not used to drinking lots of water but know it is vital for this to work. feeling positive so far and really want to follow this diet through. I've got 4 stone to lose to get to goal (12st to 8st) so want to get as much off quickly so I can feel more positive about tackling my weight and food issues (way too much sugar in my current diet!)

i've had a choc mint shake so far this morning, i've split the portion into two to make it last longer - the thought of only 'eating' 3 times a day was a bit scary for my first week so think little and often will help. the shake itself is quite tasty (i had it with hot water) but I find that the taste quickly goes after the first few drinks, gets bland as it empties. so, so far so good really! i've got leek and potato soup for my dins so will see how that goes and report back tomorrow after my first full day!

good luck to everyone else who is on the diet, hope others are finding it ok! :)

Hey I to have started CD today. Good luck to you in your journey. Will be nice we we buddy up and try and support each other

Just about to have my first shake.

hello skinnys!

would be lovely to have a buddy, really need a lot of support for this one, want to finally get the weight off this time! what's ur first shake? let me know how it tasted! :)

I am not having the tetra packs I got the powder sachets and blending them with water. I added more water than stated as don't like it very thick.

My first shake was strawberry. I have only ordered strawberry and banana shakes. Am scared to try the soups can't wait to have the bars from week 3 will make life easier.

We got to keep positive and ensure we get to our targets. Read my diary to know more about me it's called The New Me.

How much do you have to loose.

i want to lose 4 stone altogether, have just been looking at the inspirational photos, will defo be logging on to them when I feel i want to cheat to stop me from doing so! i'll be tryng leek and potato soup lunchtime so will let you know how it tastes. cannot wait to get the bars either, think that'll help loads!

Hi I started last week so not far into it either (did it before I had my daughter though)
I mostly only have the choc tetras, and I normally pour them into a glass and add the same amount again of really cold water, and mix with a spoon.
I think this makes them less rich and obv less thick. Makes a bigger drink too, as they are quite small.
Doesn't taste watery like you might expect either.

Good luck!

Ok so you don't have much to loose like me I have around 2.5 to 3 stones. I know it's a lot but just tricking my mind by saying not much to help be stay focused. I have read some people loose a stone in a week is that not amazing!!!! I wish I am one of them.

Make sure you drink plenty of water as that's the trick. Am going to try and drink 2.25l this week and up it every week my 250ml as that's the only way we will achieve great losses.

I have had a litre of water already and will have my next shake at 2 pm.

I intend to haves shakes at 11am 2pm and 5pm and water in between to keep me full and maybe a tea green tea before bed if needed.

hi kimberleyski, thanks for the tetra tip!

i've just had leek and potato soup, very nice but i need to buy a blender as I'm using my mother's old lighterlife shaker and it's useless! still lumps in the soup so will pick a hand blender up on the way home in tesco i think. not feeling hungry yet (!) and drinking plenty of water, almost had my 1st litre today so going good!

skinnys - havent really planned out the timings of my shakes, soup etc but i'm splitting the shakes portions into two so that'll help. my office is above the canteen and i can smell chips :(

Oh my that must be hard. Still not sure how I will react to the smell of food. Worst thinng is will have to cook for my OH in the evening so am really dreading it. I have to survive and complete my day 1 as my first goal.

Be strong and do not give in to the smell of food.

Day 1 - not so bad!

altogether had half my choc mint shake to start, then leek and potato soup for lunch. had the 2nd half of my choc mint shake in the afternoon then another leek and potato soup for my dinner. i've frozen a tetra pack so will try that as ice cream tonight :)

didnt actually feel hungry yesterday apart from a few rumbles in the belly but nothing I couldnt cope with. even watched my OH eat chicken curry and chips and didnt feel that I wanted any! dont know how long that'll last! drinking plenty of water, 3 litres yesterday so I know that's working (always needing a wee!)

today I've got walnut and toffee plus veg soup for today and will have the frozen tetra for dinner tonight. am really hoping I can get a good result this first week to motivate me to stick at it. although I'm feeling ok at the moment, I'm worried about slipping in a week's time when I start to get tempted by food! I'm out next weekend all day (water and tetra shakes all day!) then i'm out the following week for the rugby again so those two days out will be a real test for me!!

hope everyone's doing ok on CD so far!

Hey lumpyandbumpy I am in day 2 sorry jus had a typo error. I will have my weigh in every Thursday morning so I would have completed my full 7 days and have it at 8.30am

Well it'll I can hope is try and loose the max in week one as after that the loss is not more than 4-6lb a week if I am luck it could be less. All I can hope is for the best.

How's your day been? I have been out and abt nt had a chance to even have my first shake do hopefully by 1.30 I will have my shake. Total disaster as have a day of today and his been running frm one appointment to the other.

not overly fussed on the walnut and toffee shake, bit strong for me, reminded me a bit like coffee which i hate so if anyone likes coffees such as flavoured lattes then this is prob the drink for you. veg soup was ok, lots of bits in it though which got annoying lol, i dont like bits! the taste was fine though but defo prefer the leek and potato.

looking forward to my frozen tetra tonight, hope it tastes as yummy as i imagine it to be :) have had 1.5 litres of water so far, will up this when i get home from work with ice too, make it go down easier!

How was your tetra?

I am getting some soups on Monday as I only got shakes to start of with and I called my cd and requested to get some soups so I ordered mushroom Spicy tomato and potato and leek. Also request porridge the plain and the apple and cinnamon. I will swap hear with my 2 flavours of shakes I have been having since yesterday.

Had an ok weekend, am definitely in ketosis and have noticed the hunger is at bay :) do not like spicy tomato soup one bit, yuk! the frozen tetra was difficult as it freezes very hard and takes ages to soften even when u put the dish next to a radiator!! i did like the tetra when i addedd cold water to it to dilute it a bit, as kimberleyski suggested, wasn't as strong as usual. also tried vanilla, reminded me a bit like custard, very sickly, not sure if I want this again.

i'm thinking of going on the bars next week as well as some of the shakes such as choc mint and the tetra. it's the only way i'll keep going for a month I think!!

on the plus side, i have lost weight but not sure how much it;ll be on my counsellor's scales but weigh in is wednesday so not long now!

Am glad you had a good weekend. I have ordered the spicy tomato soup and should be getting my soups on Tuesday. I am looking forward to it as am bored of shakes only but I was not daring enough to start with I will have 3 different flavours of soups as my dinner or lunch depends how I feel.

It's TOM so is going to be a real struggle for the next 4 days can't wait to get over it hope I can get into ketosis soon as I previously did on day 3.

i really liked leek and potato, didnt leek spicy tomato at all and didnt mind the veg soup. will try chicken and mushroom next week i think, wish i'd ordered that instead of tomato but then i'm not overly fussed on normal tomato soup so not sure why i ordered that in the first place!

I haven't been too bad today, starting to worry about how I'm going to stick to SS for the month tho. I know i've lost weight (sneaky weigh in at home) but i think the first week can be a bit of a novelty with the good weight loss so i'm preparing myself for smaller losses but i dont want to lose motivation because I'll be disappointed with just a 2 or 3lbs loss. i know it all adds up but i'm so impatient when it comes to weight loss! if i can lose my first stone this month tho, i'll be happy :)

how are you feeling? i noticed on your diary you werent feeling 100% at the mo :(

Hey I know what you mean but the first week you will always get the best result. After that it's hard but the if you increase your intake it will help with your weight loss. That's y I m sticking to the allowance for the first 2 weeks of water than increase it gradually and that will help the 3lb loss to be a 4 or 5 lb. it's just from reading everyone's diaries.

I am feeling much better today thanks for asking. I am concerned abt weighin on Thursday as i was of plan on the weekend not sure if I should get weighed on Monday to give me a weeks result or shall I do Thursday. I have been told its upto me but I want the best result so I mite just stick to Monday but jus see what results are like on Thursday in my scale at home to motivate me.

Back