lunch 2mro..

xxchristiexx

Team Reem
well need bit help every1 im out with work to chinese 2mro its 3 course lunch, iv decided il have prawn cocktail, which means il only need2 syn sauce n gna have beef black bean with boiled rice for main as its 5 syns so well within allowance,and then fruit for desert(small portion but tinned)any1 any idea on amount of syns in sauce n small portion of fruit?please help:sigh:xx

Hey there! Good luck tomorrow - when I get chinese I can't resist getting chips too! It depends on the fruit that you get when its tinned but see some example below:
100 g fruit cocktail in juice is 2.5 on EE
In syrup its 3.5 on EE

Mandarins are 2.0 in juice and 3.0 in syrup, peaches 2.5 in juice and 3.5 in syrup.

Good luck and enjoy!

Its just in juice and a small mixture so il go for 3, thanks :) how many for the marie rose sauce do u think?everythin else is deep fried or in pastry so prawn cocktail is best thing i thought xx

Hi Christie, this should have been in "eating out" or "syn value requests" - for future requests and also this thread will no doubt be moved by the mods.

That's not moving it hun, that's reposting it!
People will help you if they can.
The mods get a bit grumpy (and rightly so) if people either mulitple post, or post in the main forum because they are not getting the response they want!! It just creates work for them.

Hey there! Well had a wee nosy and prawn cocktail is 3.5 syns for 28 grams but not sure what the sauce is on its own! You're making me want chinese now lol! Thanks god its nearly lunch! You could always skip the started if you really wanted but if the prawn cocktail is small then you should stay within syns.

thank u for ur reply :) im sooo hungry, yeah its not to big of a portion, so il go for that n then beef in black bean :) wont be havin anymore syns so id say that shud more or less cover it :) xxx

Yeah you should be fine - I suppose the thing is you have to fit your SW into normal life so you gotta get a balance. Enjoy, might have one at the weekend now lol!

well easy 2 4get sumtimes dont c big deal but anyway

Please don't be like that. I think maybe Starlight will explain to you why it's such a big deal.
The mods do a good job on here keeping the main forum and we'd all do well to help them. Yes, it's easy to forget, but there's no need to be rude. :mad:

sounds delish- but then I am a bit of a chinese junkie! on the site it shows luxury cocktail can be as much as 23.5syns for 200g and standard version is 17.5 syns for 140g ( a normalish portion). thats quite a lot, i think. sounds not very much for 28g but 28g is about 2 tablespoons! its just a suggestion but you could just ask them to dry-fry some prawns with spices and salad and not have the sauce at all. Dont know that I would have that kind of restraint though! either way, ENJOY!

Oh that sounds lovely! That would be far nicer than prawn cocktail!

I think maybe it might be best for the mods alone to moderate the forums... as Christie says its easy for things to be taken up the wrong way. And everyone can just do their best to post in the right forums. I know your just trying help JayLou but it sounds like it causes more irrelevant posts.

I think maybe it might be best for the mods alone to moderate the forums... as Christie says its easy for things to be taken up the wrong way. And everyone can just do their best to post in the right forums. I know your just trying help JayLou but it sounds like it causes more irrelevant posts.

Well excuse me :mad: you clearly know this forum very well.....

I'm not saying that I do I'm just offering a different perspective for new people - I understand the mods have a lot to do and we all appreciate their hard work otherwise we wouldn't have this great place of support - but sometimes i think rules etc are better coming from the mods but that's just my opinion.

That does sound really yummy! I had the prawn cocktail anyway and i counted 10 syns for the sauce (in just hopin lol)although i do have syns saved and i also have done quite a bit of exercise, so hopin it balances..

Yeah i no wat u mean things can be taken totally the wrong way, has just been proved, when really nothing is meant by it at all, everyone tries to help one another but things can be picked up wrong, well done on ur loss so far kklala and thanks for the tip Karen :)xx

Back