Lunch and dinner on the road

galleywench100

Hello everyone :)

I am out on the road all day tomorrow and wondered if anyone can give me some ideas for lunch and dinner that I can prepare today and just eat when I fancy tomorrow please. I'm thinking salad for lunch and pasta/rice for tea, any help greatly appreciated. Syn free prefrably but dont mind a couple if needed. (extra easy)

Cheers everyone
gw x

I was out all day last weekend - got the 0620 train and got back at 2245 so I had to take breakfast, lunch and dinner with me. It took cereal in a tupperware box and had it with yoghurt and banana. Lunch was chickpea dahl loaf with baby plum tomatoes, babybel and clementines. Dinner was cous cous cous with roast veggies, quorn bbq fillet, feta cheese and balsamic vinegar. I took dry cous sous in a box and just bought a tea e n route but asked them to leave the bag out just now. Add some of the hot water to just cover the cous cous, pop the lid on and five minutes later its cooked. I also took cereal bars for snacking. HTH

I was out all day last weekend - got the 0620 train and got back at 2245 so I had to take breakfast, lunch and dinner with me. It took cereal in a tupperware box and had it with yoghurt and banana. Lunch was chickpea dahl loaf with baby plum tomatoes, babybel and clementines. Dinner was cous cous cous with roast veggies, quorn bbq fillet, feta cheese and balsamic vinegar. I took dry cous sous in a box and just bought a tea e n route but asked them to leave the bag out just now. Add some of the hot water to just cover the cous cous, pop the lid on and five minutes later its cooked. I also took cereal bars for snacking. HTH

Oh my goodness PatchworkPuss - I am so inspired by you! One of my danger points is days out and I tend to snack on anything and everything - next Sunday for example we are taking my eldest back to uni which will involve a 7 / 8 hour round trip. Normally I would snack on wine gums and crisps there and back but you have made me think of maybe planning a little in advance, thank you x

Hi Liz, what about cutting up loads of fruit and putting it in a tupperware container to nibble on! Nibble on the fruit, not the container ha ha :)

Back