Lunch event - feeling great!

kazclogs

Hi all!

Another wee hurdle overcome today :D

I always knew the time would come when, due to my job, I would be in a position that I had to eat socially (the last few weeks I have been claiming illness, antibiotics, 'already eaten' and generally busied myself until the meal part of my events were finished).

Today was that day, without much of a thought, I ate chicken, a wee slice of vegetable terrine and drank a big glass of fizzy water. I felt like I was totally in control, happy, sociable and satisfied.

So I'm still in ketosis, I've enjoyed a healthy small meal and a social occasion without feeling guilty or paranoid (about eating in public when so overweight). Good times!

I know we don't normally celebrate eating on SS but I actually feel strangely good about the whole experience and optimistic for the future :woohoo:

Well done you! I'm in the same position that I work in a job where we have to have client lunches so I know the dread they can inspire when I'm on Cambridge!

You should be really proud of yourself for showing such restraint. So much of this diet is about leaving old bad habits behind and retraining your mind and body to make healthy choices. Looks like you've already won your first battle!

Yay well done :)... its so hard at work sometimes... love your goal on your info!!.. cant wait for the Festivals either!... get me in those hot pants and wellies and jumping around like a fool! :)

x

I have a 48 hour break from the diet this weekend, will be on a yacht at sea and eating whatever's served, so it's really inspiring to hear from someone who's had to eat off-plan and found it a positive experience.

Back