• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Lunch ideas

lazorinie

wants a body to love!
i start my placement at the hospital soon working horrible shifts. its the first time since i started sw. usually i eat rubbish crisps, choc etc for lunch and tea times. just after some quick n easy ideas for lunch as sometimes i wont be gettin home til half 10 then up at 5 :s, so dont have much time.
I dont like eggs, fish or salad. lol! They are all quick to cook to.
Would be grateful of some recipes/ideas.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I made an Extra Easy shepards pie the other night, portioned it up and froze it. I take a portion to work and heat it up in microwave, it was delish!

Boil 2lbs of pot, then mash with 6 tablespoons of natural low fat yoghurt, i also added some chives. Fry (in frylight), 1 chopped red onion, peas, 2 carrots and 2 cloves of garlic for 5 mins. Then add a very low fat mince and fry for further 5 mins. Finally add a tin of chopped toms and 1 tablespoon of concentrated beef stock, once it all start boiling, chuck it in a pyrex dish and top with the mash, put in oven for 30 mins at 200 degrees. Might sound long but is portioned into 4 huge portions! It is totally free and i get the steam bags of broccoli and cauliflower that you put in the microwave as the superfree food to go with it. Hope that helps xx

Hi,
Do you like Quorn sausages?
If so what about a quick sausage sarnie.
(These are approximates)
Spray a dish with frylight, add some soy sauce, 1/2 tsp of chilli powder, tsp of paprika, 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika, 1/4 oregano, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp of onion powder, 1 tsp ketchup and 1-2 tsp of pickled red cabbage juice/vinegar.
Mix it all together and place your q.sausages in it. Completely cover the sausages. Heat up a pan, add the sausages and a finely chopped small onion. Spoon on the spare sauce while the sausages are cooking.
I also cut the sausages half way through so that they are cooked in the centre. Takes about 10 minutes and tastes great in either a w/m bun or with cous cous/rice, sw chips etc.

VITFA

i usually take left overs from the day before - with maybe a baked patatoe, lots of fruit, yogurt (low syn) jelly - even batchelor pasta or rice and reheat it (not every1 taste). I know exactly what position your in - i either batch cook on my days off or spend that extra 30mins at night and get prepared - that extra 30mins preparation always pays off - i tend not to take mass of £ either so i eat what i have and im not tempted to go get something else

can i ask what type of placement it is
if a ward then they will mostly have kettle, toaster, micro so say mug shot, beans on toast, toast and spag hoops

hope this helps xx

lazorinie

wants a body to love!
thanks, yeah its a ward. Leftovers sounds about right, ill have to do some cooking and freeze stuff. Ooohh just though of beef stew :]] yum yum!

New Potatoes, Ham, Bacon or Gammon, mixed with sweetcorn, peppers, red onion and fat free creme fraiche, chives and a HE of cheese mixed in.

Roast Veg Cous Cous or i have prawn and mango or chicken breast with mine

Loaded potato skins cold

Ham Rolls (slices of ham filled with cheese and onionno bread but i take potato wedges to eat woth them)

Spicy Sweet potato wedges and a cream and chive dip (quark mixed with chives and garlic and he of grated parmesan optional)

Chicken Pasta Salad