Red Day Lunch Ideas

Hi I have done the Slimming World diet before, I am planning to start again on Mon 7th September and I am looking for Luch ideas.

This is one of the areas where I really struggled when on the diet last time, I will be doing mainly Red days.

My lunch is only for half hour so it can not be something too adventurous and there is not a fridge :(

Would appreciate your help :)

I am going to be following the diet before 7th Sept but that will be the first class I am going to attend :)
Thanks for your help x

Hi Jenna have you had a look at the food diary section??
I have 5 red days a week and even though we have a fridge, the only thing I do use is a microwave.
Have you use of a microwave there?
If not, how about some stews/casseroles that you could make and put in a flask??
I make a lot of salads with salmon, chicken and bacon etc, but thats because I love salad!
If you do have access to microwave, then you could re-heat left overs from the night before. I do this with things like a cooked dinner and just pour over some gravey granules the next day.
Another thing would be to make a quiche the night before (have a look in this section for recipe - very easy) and have that to munch on...chicken drumsticks are another one.
I hope this helps??

Hiya!

What about home-made chicken kebabs? You can make them the night before and put in an airtight container and eat cold.

Thanks for your help
I do have access to microwave so thanks for the ideas will definately be trying kebabs too (with the chilli sauce recipe)
I think I'm just going to have to leave my money at home as i get bored n pick when in work :(

Pick by all means. Have carrot sticks to hand, celery, peppers, and cherry tomatos, plus have a basket of fruit on the desk. Make a jar of humus lots to pick at :)

haveyou tried mugshots jenna? Just add water, they come in noodles, pasta and cous cous. They're really nice.

Back