Lunch ideas

EmmaMum

Hi all

As I am sure you mostly know I am struggling really think its lack of variety. Have been through recipe thread and got fab ideas for evening meals but could do with some easy lunch ideas. I can't have cheese though cos it stalls me.

Thansk everyone

xx

roast chicken salad with some curry mayo is my favourite. home made soup? or atkins friendly quiche (minus the cheese)my lunches are mainly salad im afraid :(

I don't really have any ideas, I always bought a salad into work on Induction.

And i bet your lovely lovely wife made it didn't she haha. You lucky man Jim

xx

I made a vegi bake - let it cool and then portion up for 4 days of work. (keep in the fridge)

broccli and calui boiled or steamed
mushrooms, cabbage and chicken sausages fried flightly.
layer up in a dish
make a lil cheese sauce (just a wee bit) (cream cheese and double cream)
pour over the veg and sausage and mix it up a bit
sprinkle with cheese and put under the grill till bubbly.

i usually add a sprinkle of chilli flakes when mixin the veg up.. but u can add ur spice or herb to taste.

I loved it, i have microwave at work tho..

i have no idea what it would taste like without the cheese BUT once its been warmed up the cheese just kinda rolls up and fall off on one side so its not that important?

erm, yes she did as it happens Em. LOL

i sometimes have chicken breast (tikka) and chopped up kebabs at work. The chicken i marinate then cook int he oven, the kebabs are also home made they are like mince meat patties except they are cooked on a scewer over a BBQ. The kebabs have onions in them that are carbish.. the rest of the ingredients are more or less safe due to the small amounts used.

Sona what do you use to marinate the chicken?

mmm they sound yummy Sona

xx

You could have a flaxmeal pancake filled with whatever you fancy. I often have those for lunch. Or omelettes full of vegetables first whizzed up in my food processor. You might need to limit cheese but not cut it out completely. 4oz a day maximum is the limit on Induction but that includes cream cheese and cream itself. You might have unknowingly been going over that - very easy to do.

Try limiting to 2 carefully measures ounces of cheese daily. You might get away with that!

roast chicken or chicken breast with salad or just the chicken on its own depending.

salads, i make my own in the morning, little tub of iceburg lettuce, cucumber slices, shredded up ham

slices of ham or chicken

Marinate with a little greek yogart about 1 teaspoon to 5 chicken breasts. A little salt, chilli flakes, cajun chicken spices, tandoori masala, couple drops of soy sauce and a little water to mix it up with. Leave for about 1 hour min and then cook in my pizza maker grill. Lush.

mmm that sounds yummy :)

Oh yes, Sna you should put that in the recipe thread or it'll get lost love.

Back