Lunch Ideas

faery_lights

Going Places
Hi Guys.

I live in Korea and for the past 10 months I have been eating my school lunch- this usually involved Kimchi (Fermented, Spicy Cabbage or Radish!), Veggies, Something Protein Based and a Soup. Sometimes, it's okay but right now, I am kind of over my school lunches.

As such, I am looking for some ideas to make things more interesting. However, being based in Asia, a lot of stuff I used to eat I can't because there just aren't the ingredients. This is particularly the case for Dairy products so low-fat cream cheese or cheese is not an option. Some vegetables are also out (I can't find peas!)

I can get rice, cous-cous, salad and I can make soup. I would love, love, love to hear some interesting ideas for lunches. Tell me what you make. I'd ideally love things I could batch make and serve up throughout the week. Thanks so much!

I LOVE kimchi- yum
Your school lunches sound pretty good and balanced to be honest with you.
Salad can be a bit tricky to make as a batch as it can go a bit soggy whereas soup is a good idea if you just get a load of vegetables that you like, some stock and herbs/spices simmer and blend.
Cous cous or rice with sauteed veg keeps pretty well if you make a batch and you could add tofu/chicken/prawns etc to up the protein quota.
How about making a big tortilla at the beginning of the week and having a slice for lunch with a side salad. Just google easy tortilla, its basically sort of like an omelette with potato and vegetables in it, very filling and tasty.

Back