Lunch ideas

Lizzyliz0

Silver Member
Every week I make a big batch of something to eat during the week for lunch but I'm running out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated!! I usually try and stay meat free but don't mind either way really.

My usuals
Veg chilli
Veg pasta
Lentil curry

Liz

Every week I make a big batch of something to eat during the week for lunch but I'm running out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated!! I usually try and stay meat free but don't mind either way really.

My usuals
Veg chilli
Veg pasta
Lentil curry

Liz

Soups? X

Yes, thanks. I'm giving that a go this week. Gammon minestrone. Although I forgot to buy carrots so need to go back out tomorrow to stock up. X

Hi Liz, Veg Chilli sounds good, could you post the recipe please, need to make batches of things also :) how about a tuna/sweetcorn pasta with a little EL mayo, love this and need to make it more often!

Hi Liz, Veg Chilli sounds good, could you post the recipe please, need to make batches of things also :) how about a tuna/sweetcorn pasta with a little EL mayo, love this and need to make it more often!

Not keen on tuna really, although might give it a go for a bit of variety. I can usually only eat it smothered in Mayo and vinegar.

The basic chilli recipe is:
An onion
Garlic
2tbsp ground cumin
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp paprika
1tsp chilli

-soften the onions for a bit then add the other ingredients to cook out for a minute- be careful not to burn the spices. If you are having with mince or quorn, fry this off with the onions.

Add a can of chopped tomatoes and a can of kidney beans in mild chilli sauce (this is no syns)

Then add whatever you want! For a veg chilli I usually raid the fridge but my favourite includes carrot, butternut squash, celery and peppers.

My fave chilli at the mo is bean chilli. Pick a few cans of different beans, butter beans, cannelloni, borlotti etc. And also add carrot, sweetcorn and mixed peppers. If you have some syns to use you could also add some spicy chorizo when cooking the onions! Yum yum yum!

I'm not very good with quantities so you would need to experiment with how much spice you use depending on how much veg you use. If I'm making a big batch I'll probably double or even triple the original amount of spices so it holds it's flavour with the bigger amount of ingredients.

These are really good for counting towards your 5 veg a day too, plus, other than the chorizo it's completely syn free on ee.

Back