Lunch times

Zoesastar

Silver Member
I really struggle with what to eat at lunch times on PP day, unless its cold meat or scrambled eggs im stuck!

I dont like eating a lot of eggs and appart from a microwave there isnt the cooking facilities to cook anything! Im also rubbish at making muffins otherwise they'd be great!

Any ideas?

For me at work on Pure Protein days :

Can of tuna.
or
Smoked salmon.
or
Crab sticks. (limited to 8)

and usually 0% yogurt or fromage frais.

I wish i liked tuna a bit more to eat it on its own but if it hasnt got mayo mixed with it and slapped on a jacket potato im not interested lol

Cottage cheese with tuna / salmon mixed into it. I sometimes make extra spicy mince and then warm it up for lunch (chopped onion, chilli and turkey or beef mince) and finish it off with a dollop of creme fraiche (all non / low fat).

I love spicy mince, i only tend to have it for lunch if its left over from dinner the night before!

A friend of mine makes oatbran porridge in the microwave for lunch.. Could always take a couple of boiled eggs as a snack if that's not enough to fill you up.

lorlypop said:
A friend of mine makes oatbran porridge in the microwave for lunch.. Could always take a couple of boiled eggs as a snack if that's not enough to fill you up.

Dont like oatbran porridge, i normally have oatbran mixed with yogurt for my breakfast!

Dont like boiled eggs cold :(

I have made the mince flan recently and that is great cold as it kinda slices. Great with Dukan BBQ sauce too.

This weekend, for early weekday lunches, I cooked some chicken breast I'd marinated garlic, herbs and quark. Some steak slices with a little ginger and soy sauce. A couple of pieces of fresh salmon... and am having some of each over three lunches! Leftovers frozen in individual packages to grab for later in the week, or for when less organised!

I can't bear tins and packages!

Otherwise, individual quiches are good... You can put anything and everything in them, having a good selection of different additions in your muffin cases for example.

I have made the mince flan recently and that is great cold as it kinda slices. Great with Dukan BBQ sauce too.

Mince flan sounds interesting - how do you make it please, trudy?

I keep a packet of cooked meat/crab sticks in work for snacks and have a sugar free jelly and a yoghurt every day. For lunch I have some cottage cheese with either prawn or ham in (depending on the other food I am having) on pure protein days, otherwise I have a pile of veg. With it I have some smoked mackerel, cooked chicken or meatloaf or chicken broth made from chicken stock and konjac noodles (the low-calorie ones. I live by a chinese supermarket which stocks little dumplings of them).

What works really well is curry or chili left over from the night before heated up on a dukan pancake. I've had that a few times: I pretend it's a naan bread.

i have various things... left over cooked salmon (i buy a whole side of salmon weekly), omlettes, left over bolognese or chilli packed full of veg, left over casseroles. grilled chicken, venison burgers (you could warm these up in the microwave

Back