Lunch??

*angela*

Silver Member
Hi all,

Bit of help/advice needed please. I'm going for a work lunch today and thankfully have the menu beforehand. I tried to find something that was low syns such as a baked potato but with little luck... so i'm going for a brown bread toasted sandwich with no butter or mayo filled with ham, cheese and tomato.

Any idea what i could syn this as? Was thinking the bread and cheese could be my daily healthy extra's.

Thanks in advance :)

Unfortunately brown bread is not a HEb so you would be 4 to 4.5 syns per slice for that. Also there is likely to be a lot more cheese than your HEb allows for so you would have to add quite a few syn for that too.

What else is on menu? Any soup? Or a tomato based pasta dish?

Raging :( it was mainly wraps, panini's, burgers etc coz I was gonna go for a pasta dish if there was one - will put it down as 10 syns and hopefully that would cover it :/

Will just go an extra walk before wi to balance it out, gutted though :( thanks for the reply :)

Dont know but would have thought a burger wrapped in a lettuce would have been a better option, everywhere now days is used to people wanting to be more healthy, just make sure it comes without cheese or mayo

Were there no salads or anything grilled on the menu? Sandwich would probably be near the bottom of my list of good things to have :/

There was a chicken ceaser salad but i had it before from the same place and it wasnt nice at all. Picked the sandwich thinking that i was covered with my healthy extra's then realised after i posted on here it wasnt :( i think if i put it all down to 15 syns I'm still within my daily allowance but i'm gutted - thankfully it was a one off but will know better for next time :/

Ah thats a shame. Ah well, its only 1 meal out of 21, you'll be fine and like you say you know for next time :)

Back