Lunchtime classes?

Bellevie

Hi all,

I got offered a new job yesterday (woohoo!!!) which means I can afford to start going to classes now, but ...

The evening one nearest me starts too early for me to make it after work so I checked out classes near my work. There are two lunchtime classes back-to-back about a 10 min walk from my new workplace but I do have some reservations about it.

I used to go to lunchtime classes when I lived in London and I thought it was a bit of a rip off to be honest. The back-to-back classes meant there was just a continual stream of people weighing in for two hours - handy as it meant flexibility for getting out at lunchtime - but any kind of group activity was non-existent really. They had seats and the C would be at the front talking away (and she was lovely and funny, will give her her dues!) but because of all the coming and going it was very disjointed, hard to hear anything and wasn't really of any benefit.

I stuck with that one for about 3 months but ended up giving up as I just felt like I was paying just to stand on the scales and not getting any more out of it.

That was about 6 years ago though and I wondered whether anyone is doing the lunchtime classes now and what their experiences are? Maybe SW have tightened up on how these groups run, or is it the same for anyone else?

Would love your feedback as I want to make an informed choice before I go along and pay the joining fee etc.

Also, does anyone know if it's 'allowed' to go and drop in on a group and stay to see if you want to join? That's the other option but I've no idea if SW or members are okay with that?

All advice welcome! :) Thanks, B

Yes I'm sure you're allowed to sit in on a class before you decide if you want to join or not. Obviously you dont get WI or any of the books or anything until you pay up to join, but you can check out the class and see if its for you.

Some classes are just WI classes but no Image Therapy. I've heard of these in the bigger cities so perhaps this is what you went to before? I think it's still the same price though!!

Yep, you can sit through a class and decide at the end if you want to join.

Right, I'm going to pop along next week and see what it's like ... really hope there is some of the image therapy as it does seem a bit pointless otherwise!

The one I went to before was central London and this one is going to be Manchester city centre so yes, big city groups. Hopefully though this one will place a little bit more importance on the group side of things rather than just the weigh in.

Fingers crossed, although I do find this site superb for support and motivation it may not be the end of the world :)

Oooo it's not like that at my class, there's one at 10am , I'm guessing they all are put of the building by 11.30

Then my con has her mugshot with her helper.

Then our class starts at 12, we all get in and weigh then have image therapy.

I've turned into the take the money lady lol for our group. I would ring and ask and tell them your worries. I wouldn't be happy with that. X

Bunnylush said:
Oooo it's not like that at my class, there's one at 10am , I'm guessing they all are put of the building by 11.30

Then my con has her mugshot with her helper.

Then our class starts at 12, we all get in and weigh then have image therapy.

I've turned into the take the money lady lol for our group. I would ring and ask and tell them your worries. I wouldn't be happy with that. X

That should say they are all out of the building not the nonsense my spell checker wrote!

Back