Lurker reveals herself

boggins

Silver Member
Not like that! :eek: I'm not a flasher! :D

Hello! I've been lurking a few weeks now, just decided to take the plunge and join in. I started seriously trying to lose weight about 6 weeks ago, and have lost about 2 inches from the relevant bits and pieces already.

My goals are quite varied! I'm set on getting into a size 16 top, 18 bottom, by summer next year- At my height and build I'll look OK at that size- not great, but OK.

I also would like to be 14 stone. Obviously that's not my "ideal" weight, but it feels much more achievable than 10st 7!

When I reach one or other of those goals, I'll see how I feel- I would be over the moon to see a size 14 at some point.

I haven't been weighing myself, because in the past I've just become obsessive about it. If I hadn't lost pounds every week it would make me give up! So I was measuring myself with a tape measure. However, I just got obsessive about THAT instead, measuring every day and expecting to see whole inches disappear overnight. So I've settled on monthly weigh-ins with the nurse at the GP. I don't own a set of scales, so I can't peek inbetween, and I'm going to hand the tape measure to my boyfriend for safekeeping! All I have left is inspecting myself in the mirror, and I'm vain enough to quite enjoy that! :ashamed0005:

Anyway, I'm off to post on the Couch25k board! See you around! :wavey:

Not like that! :eek: I'm not a flasher! :D

Hello! I've been lurking a few weeks now, just decided to take the plunge and join in. I started seriously trying to lose weight about 6 weeks ago, and have lost about 2 inches from the relevant bits and pieces already.

My goals are quite varied! I'm set on getting into a size 16 top, 18 bottom, by summer next year- At my height and build I'll look OK at that size- not great, but OK.

I also would like to be 14 stone. Obviously that's not my "ideal" weight, but it feels much more achievable than 10st 7!

When I reach one or other of those goals, I'll see how I feel- I would be over the moon to see a size 14 at some point.

I haven't been weighing myself, because in the past I've just become obsessive about it. If I hadn't lost pounds every week it would make me give up! So I was measuring myself with a tape measure. However, I just got obsessive about THAT instead, measuring every day and expecting to see whole inches disappear overnight. So I've settled on monthly weigh-ins with the nurse at the GP. I don't own a set of scales, so I can't peek inbetween, and I'm going to hand the tape measure to my boyfriend for safekeeping! All I have left is inspecting myself in the mirror, and I'm vain enough to quite enjoy that! :ashamed0005:

Anyway, I'm off to post on the Couch25k board! See you around! :wavey:

lol...made me laugh!!
hope to see you about and good look!
sam.....

I'm a recent joiner myself, still haven't written my intro lol.

Scales/tape obsessions do seem to develop very easily. I've made friends with my scales now, I jump on them every day just to check what's happening. It's only a number and a guide. Clothes starting to fall off your shoulders is the best proof of getting smaller.

Back